In this position you will be monitoring/sustaining existing equipment and processes as well as supporting the development/installation of new equipment that turn raw materials or semi-finished goods into medical devices. This can include designing, fabricating, modifying, evaluating and documenting machining assemblies, components, and systems to produce or improve company products and facilitate manufacturing operations. Develops data and makes preliminary sketches, lay-outs and notes required to present design proposals. Researches basic design factors such as ease of manufacture and availability of materials and equipment. Works with other organizations impacted by design development. May perform work in a specific sub-specialty such as Automation, Mechanical Engineering, Cutter Design, or Tooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the design and development of plastic molded sub-assemblies, components, and packaging.
- Assists in the development and implementation of changes to product design and/or the manufacturing process to achieve efficiency, quality, and/or cost improvements by participating in new product development programs.
- Assists in developing requirement specifications, system concepts, CAD generated machine layouts, detail drawings, BOM’s and budgets. Makes layouts of basic assemblies and details of parts of devices, mechanisms and structures.
- Assists in providing customer product design engineering for economic production; may participate in meetings with customers.
- Assists in assessing proper material, tooling, automation and equipment selection.
- Assists manufacturing in trouble-shooting problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, methods development, and the development of process parameters
- Participates in product development meetings and may make recommendations to product design changes to enhance manufacturing and assembly.
- May conduct proof of concept experiments and design other testing requirements as needed.
- May develop SOP’s, operations and maintenance manuals.
- May research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology.
- Basic understanding of Lean Six Sigma tools, projects and processes and ability to incorporate these into assigned engineering projects.
- Reviews completed projects for accuracy, clarity and completeness.
- Ensures projects are compliant with all local, regional and national regulatory requirements/codes and controls.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Engineering degree required (Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is preferred).
- Background in manual or automated machining including CNC machining is preferred.
- Background in gauging, gauging techniques, geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T) is preferred.
- Understands processes and has a basic understanding of various manufacturing techniques
- Basic knowledge of engineering theories, design principles and practices, and design evaluation techniques.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $42,754 - $61,957 - $81,159. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.