- Setup and operate manufacturing equipment in assigned area
- Type of operation can be but not limited to cutting, drilling, milling, bending, deburring, chemical finishing, laser etching, assembly etc.
- Type of equipment can be but not limited to CNC or manual lathe, mills, grinders, finishing, and packaging equipment etc.
- Use of various types of measuring instruments including numerous types of gages, micrometers, calipers, comparators, PH meters, conductivity meters, etc.
- Completion of documentation as required by the process, inspection sheets and work instructions
- Perform preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks as it pertains to the assigned area including but not limited to maintaining coolant levels, emptying chip containers, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- follow appropriate safety practices in order to prevent accidents to self or others
- follow all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and to maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times
- participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment
- understand and execute lean initiatives (i.e. 5S, etc.)
- appropriately escalate staffing and work demand concerns according to the chain of command as required for the assigned cell or area
- must be able to engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment
- proficiently perform process requirements and metrics in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements
- work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements
- work off shifts and extra hours when required by business needs
- demonstrate consistency in results
- follow process sheets, perform first piece inspections and in process quality checks
- run process tests or rework operations and associated inspection and process control measures
- cross-train and support other areas as training requirements permit to cover absences and other needs
- perform qualified operator duties as required based on assigned area
- interface with co-workers and support functions to resolve problems
- identify and willing to offer ideas and solutions for improvements based on applied knowledge
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic written and verbal communication and basic computer skills
- General math skills
- Previous industrial or manufacturing experience in regulated industry preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations including a good understanding of several different types of equipment and processes of a specific area
- Process and procedural knowledge required to support rework and engineering initiatives including validations and process tests within the assigned area
- work in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals
- work on feet 100% of time
- lift 5-25 pounds on a regular basis along with occasional heavy lifting over 50 pounds
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.