This candidate will facilitate and lead strategic Capital R&M initiatives for a defined customer (internal or external) or user. Provide management and guidance to multi-functional project teams. Manage and enhance customer relationships. Provide full accountability for project budgets, schedules, project management, and performance requirements for site level projects
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Utilizes tools to monitor departmental contractual cost and cost trends.
· Coordinates functions held on site, with respect to facilities and construction.
· Provides feedback to peers and appropriate managers.
· Assists in the preparation of department forecasts.
· Helps compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analyses.
· Maintains and develops documentation for responsible area.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
- Responsible for ensuring all of the project requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
- Collaborate with customer (internal or external) from requirements gathering through capitalization and close out.
- Communicate project objectives in terms of overall strategic business objectives.
- Serve as interface with customers, vendors, stakeholders and project sponsor(s).
- Devise creative solutions to critical customer and user needs.
- Manage development of project plans with focus on achievement of project goals and corporate initiatives, including project specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) or metrics.
- Responsible for recognizing project's Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
- Report project status, issues and implemented solutions as well as evaluations and assessments of the results.
- Provide leaders with updates, including greatest opportunities for improvement.
- Recognize potential problem areas against the plan and identify and implement alternative solutions
- Identify best cost solutions to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Provide guidance and motivation to project teams to successfully achieve project goal and corporate initiatives.
- Coordinate the efforts of the team to develop an integrated project plan and risk analysis with action plans to mitigate the risks.
- Coach others through difficult decision making situations.
- Design clear and consistent messages for a variety of diverse audiences, ensuring relevance and effectiveness of delivery
- Evaluate and carry out improvements for facilities in the plant for higher operational efficiency.
- Address and resolve recurring or critical issues by utilizing corrective action tools and additional resources.
- Quote components and services for the Facilities department determining favorable purchases for Jabil.
- Management of capital budgeting, staffing and planning for Facilities Maintenance and EHS Management with regard to continuous improvement.
- Financial Management and analysis of costs for site level projects and programs including Capital Expenditures Requests (CER’s) travel, training, resources allocation and other project related costs.
- Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
- Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
- Identify creative ways to implement corrective actions in cost effective manner.
- Utilize tools to track changes and identify cost impact and cost avoidance.
- Responsible for budgeting and budget performance.
- Optimize order management process to ensure effective communication with suppliers.
- Provide documentation to accounting to establish new vendors.
- Purchase materials necessary to perform work requests, to replenish routine House Keeping, EHS and maintenance supplies through the use of purchase orders and AMEX.
- Support Accounts Payable in resolving invoice discrepancies.
- Research and communicate with vendors for the purchase of supplies and equipment necessary for the Facilities Department.
- Track labor and material costs for department personnel and subcontractor labor.
- Hire contract vendors to perform special skilled work and make sure invoices are paid on a timely basis.
- Review and sign invoices.
- Act as the point of contact for vendors and sales representatives for the Facilities Department.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Remain current with regulatory standards in the areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience in Facilities Project Management
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering college.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $63,548 - $92,086 - $120,624. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.