The Engineering Manager is responsible for all engineering activities related to the development of new products, processes, materials and site manufacturing engineering strategies. The Engineering Manager will provide ongoing review of the effective utilization of equipment, production methods, equipment layout, personnel, and material flow.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage team of Engineers to achieve short and long-term department and business goals
- Align Manufacturing Engineering strategy with broader Jabil strategy
- Facilitate new product introduction with cross functional teams
- Interact with customers and vendors in a lead technical role
- Actively pursue and drive continuous improvement opportunities
- Advise customers, vendors, and functional managers on new product development and other special projects
- Actively seek out new technologies to benefit and improve the business
- Create and follow department budget
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 7 years’ experience in the machining industry
- 3 years’ experience managing or supervising a team
- Aerospace experience or other highly regulated industry experience preferred
- Able to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to broad audience
- Must possess diligent work ethic and be able to perform under pressure
- Proven track record in communication, leadership, business analysis, process development, administration, and change management
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
The anticipated pay range for this role is $79,143 - $114,577 - $150,117. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.