The Supplier Quality Manager is responsible for leading a team of Supplier Quality Engineers in driving continuous improvement in resource efficiency and effectiveness within their team and respective assigned sites. Leads the identification and execution of team activities / resources required to support Jabil, workcell, GCM / RCM strategies / initiatives. Drives commodity focus on continuous improvement in supplier performance in areas of Cost, Quality, Delivery and Service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Recruitment, selection, deployment, leadership, coaching, mentoring and development of Supplier Quality Engineers, driving continuous improvement in resource efficiency and effectiveness within their team.
· Determines the objectives, targets and goals for the Supplier Quality Team and its individual team members. Measures progress and identifies / takes the necessary actions when objectives, targets and / or goals are not met.
· Leads the coordination and synchronization of activities within their respective commodities with those of the other commodity teams. Focuses on driving a “One Jabil” approach.
· Monthly communication of team activities, initiatives, progress and trends focused on continuous improvement of supplier performance / capabilities.
· Provides leadership to their team and respective assigned sites in the areas of systems, processes and tools.
· Drives the compilation and maintenance of a list of site / workcell / market sector / industry requirements for their respective region. Drives the incorporation of these requirements into global systems and processes wherever possible. Drives enhancements to global systems, processes and tools to support changing / evolving global needs / requirements.
· Assist and support escalation of supplier performance issues.
· Perform the same functional activities as a Supplier Quality Engineer as needed and/or assigned.
· Identifies resources required to support existing and future requirements within their respective commodities
· Recruits, selects, develops, leads, coaches and mentors Global Supplier Quality Engineering resources, focusing on continuous improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
· Participates in development of global systems, processes and tools ensuring that market sector and site requirements / needs have been considered and incorporated wherever possible.
· Drives deployment of global systems, processes and tools within their assigned sites
· Provide input into GCM / RCM sourcing strategies utilizing supplier performance data and GSDE feedback.
· Driving continuous improvement in supplier performance within the commodities assigned. Ensuring that supplier development activities are identified, initiated utilizing the corrective action process, and progress is monitored / measured through monthly / quarterly scorecard reviews.
· Ensure that necessary activities are identified and executed for new suppliers / new products / new technologies that result in performance objectives being met prior to start of production, in support of JTS, Jabil site / workcell, etc… requirements and needs
· Provide systems assessment support as needed
· Provide support to other commodity teams, as able, for supplier selection, development, issue investigation / resolution, etc… of suppliers within proximity of their home location.
· Proven problem solving skills and abilities required
· Experience in Electronics Manufacturing Services industry preferred
· Experienced in working in Design area, with Design Teams, especially DFX reviews
· Additional certification such as ASQ CQE, CQM, CQA; or ISO Lead Auditor is highly desirable.
· Familiarity with and experience in applying Six Sigma methodologies required (Black Belt certification preferred)
· Prior business /commercial (i.e. purchasing, commodity management) experience desired.
· Demonstrated skills must include strong written and oral communication, resource management, problem solving, process improvement, conflict resolution, leadership, motivation, systems and process development / deployment, administration and change management.
· Fluent in written and spoken English
- Familiar with car electronic PCBA and box build assembly process and expertise on electronic component or mechanical part characteristics and problem solving.
- Minimum 3 years working experience on car tier1, tier2 SQM, QM role with direct report 5 and above.
- Familiar with IATF16949, VDA6.3 clause or car maker specific quality management requirement like Formel-Q, BIQS,Q1 with extensive audit skill.
- Expertise on people management and strong leadership to influence others with proved success experience to form excellent quality culture.
- Demonstrated success in working with cross functional teams in a multi-culture environment.
- Project management skill & experience (the ability to initiate, plan and drive projects to completion) is a plus
- Frequent English skill in both writing and oral. Zero defect mindset, aggressive to drive result and passion under high pressure
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.