The purpose of the position is to manage Automation Design initiatives. The Sr. Automation Engineering Manager drives team development of new automation equipment, work with sites to proliferate the equipment. Position manages and owns the P & L of this department. Work includes managing flexibility and growth of Automation team to meet the changing business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manages Automation team in the design of automation equipment.
· Manages the P & L of department.
· Generates forecast, and monitors alignment of expenditure and forecast.
· Manages the proliferation of equipment designed to customers.
· Drives team of engineers and technicians in the development of innovative equipment design and ideas.
· Manages the design, execution and management of all projects to ensure deadline ad budget are met.
· Manages team staffing to meet current business needs of Jabil.
· Liaise with other sites and other relevant section to understand their automation needs and find solutions to these needs.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of electronics industries processes.
· Expert knowledge and skill in project management.
· Advanced knowledge of EMS industries.
· Advanced knowledge of automation design and installation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· B.Sc. in Mechanical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering
· Minimum 10+ years progressively responsible experience in automation design engineering.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.