Support the campus workcells by receiving and interpreting product-related information from the customer to perform the activities that occur once an ECN package is released to Jabil that must be completed before the product build can occur or be scheduled including: Assist in the creation / maintenance of Bills Of Materials, Visuals, Machine programs, set ups, component master data, MES and all other related customer information, revision status, as required. Also maintain the STP Web site with the most current rev documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Learn at least three core functions below and be able to train others in those areas. Other duties may be assigned.
· Process Customer Documentation and resolve any confusion or conflicting information.
· Analyze all new BOM and Engineering Change Orders (ECO) for completeness before filling out an ECN form. Resolve discrepancies through communication with the customer, and all functional departments within the workcell.
· Verify necessary drawings are attached to each ECO and post on the Jabil web site. Verify that revisions of drawing match the revisions on the BOM.
· Generate any internal documentation needed to process Customer Documentation internally (e.g. cover sheets, summarized changes, BOM compares, etc.)
· Initiate an ECN Form detailing changes (e.g. adds, deletes, changes). Coordinate with the Planning and Purchasing groups to ensure that all effectivity dates, revision status, BOM changes, rework instructions are correct. Communicate changes to team and obtain all required signatures.
· Advise the customer of the implementation of ECO’s.
· Maintain archives (electronic/paper) of old revisions and end-of-life BOM’s, Drawings, set-up sheets, visuals, process flow charts. (History is properly tracked).
· Advise the customer of inaccuracies detected on their BOM and or Approved Vendor Listing (AVL). Get written approval for any subsequent changes. Elevate to the Planning Manager and Project Management, when necessary, to resolve issues.
· Keep an accurate and up to date revision status sheet.
· Load and verify customer Bill of materials.
· Load and verify component master data in ERP system.
· Understand how to create parts and assemblies in Material Master.
· Understand Backflush methology and how it relates to the Bill of materials.
· Load AML.
Manufacturing Execution System (MES, AMW, Aegis, Cimbridge, Valor)
· Load and verify the CRD BOM.·
· Update system configuration for revision changes.·
· Provide daily support for manufacturing.
· Ensure that all files, soft and hard, are readily available to all appropriate departments/team members at all times.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree preferred and three years of relevant Configuration Management experience.
Candidate must have prior Configuration Management experience to include:
* Familiar with Bill of Materials
* Experience with SAP and Material Master
* Experience with BoM scrubbing.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, bending, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of microscope and/or magnifying glass.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.