The position of Process Engineer is responsible for participating in and leading product development teams. This individual provides vital manufacturing feasibility, DFM/A input into the development process and plans/executes prototype builds. Also plays a role is the selection and management of outside suppliers for the procurement of prototype components/assemblies to support the product development process. Key contributions are also expected in the areas design controls, risk mitigation and product testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate manufacturing technologies, feasibility, advantages, disadvantages and risks to the development team
- Provide guidance to the development team and customers on prototype manufacturing throughout the development process (design for manufacture (DFM), design of assembly (DFA), quality, colors, materials, finishes, etc.)
- Develop estimates and obtain quotes for prototype capital, component and assembly costs
- Facilitate supplier involvement for assembly processes with the development team
- Work with suppliers to ensure effective planning for on-time and on-budget delivery of appropriate fixtures and equipment
- Participate in development of product requirements, product/project risk management and design reviews
- Review and interpret industry/regulatory standards and requirements
- Develop strategies/plans, fixtures and methods related to assembly
- Design, procure and troubleshoot product assembly fixtures and equipment
- Define processes and methods to mitigate risk and deliver expected results
- Manage assembly process design, build, sampling, debug and validation
- Create and manage documentation required for prototype builds.
- Oversee and/or participate in training of technicians for prototype builds.
- Support ISO 9001 / ISO 13485 compliant quality management system (QMS) functions including: training, internal audits, approved supplier list (ASL), supplier files and corrective action / preventative action (CAPA) system
- Participate in project planning through proposal development and review
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, team members and clients.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Science or Technology
• Three (3) to five (5) years experience
Position is for Jabil Healthcare Engineering & Technology (JHET) - Clinton
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.