Working with the Device and Development Support (DDS) department to perform non-routine and/or complex assignments involving supporting the engineer to complete projects of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project. Applying advanced technical knowledge to provide a supporting role for equipment set-up and troubleshooting, manual and semi-automated assembly integration, and fixture development. Providing direct support to the engineer with various project tasks as needed from verbal and written instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs diversified and complex manual assembly and mechanical duties.
- Performs a variety of diagnostic troubleshooting activities on assembly and test equipment.
- Provides a supporting role in fixture development and improvement from protype to production.
- Make recommendations to process assembly development and improvements.
- Assists in resolving technical process assembly challenges and aids in device builds.
- Sets up manual and semi-automatic assembly lines and assists in operating pre-production runs.
- Assists in cross-training personnel to transition project from development to production.
- Assists with IQ, OQ on equipment, including conducting test protocols and documenting results.
- Documents work performed utilizing database management system and/or written reports as per department procedure.
- Provides input to engineering staff on areas for assembly and equipment improvements.
- Assists with projects as needed, by utilizing specialized knowledge and skills to ensure that the goals of DDS are achieved in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Collaborates with an internal team of multidisciplinary clientele to deliver a full range of quality services including: device builds, equipment set-up, process documentation, and fixture development.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Ability to operate various equipment including: laser welder, ultrasonic elder, heat staker and reflow system.
- Ability to perform manual device assembly using a microscope.
- Ability to perform soldering of small electrical components.
- Ability to use advances trades mathematics together with use of complex drawings, specifications and charts.
- Ability to analyze and clearly communicate technical issues to the engineer.
- Ability to operate with efficiency and sense of urgency.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Must be able to apply judgement to perform more difficult assembly builds with the use of complex drawings, specifications and charts.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma with a minimum of 6 years experience required, preferably in a medical device assembly environment.
- Laser welding and soldering experience required. Laser welding and IPC certification a plus.
- SolidWorks experience desired.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and communication skills a must.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Proven ability to work under minimal supervision, solve complex problems and provide unparalleled process assembly solutions.
Position is for Jabil Healthcare Engineering & Technology (JHET) - Clinton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.