The purpose of the job is to support design engineers in various mechanical, electrical, electronics, and/or software application automation projects. An Automation Engineering Technician is responsible for drafting design drawings within the area of assignment. Position is provides end user support in installation and training of automation technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supports design of automation equipment in respective areas of expertise, e.g., Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, Software Application.
· Works closely with internal or external Assemblers on assembly of the designed equipment.
· Supports the design engineers in the drafting of design drawings, preparation, and development of user manual.
· Conducts equipment installation and end user training.
· Ensures all engineering times are logged into tracking system correspondent to the projects.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Thorough knowledge of mechanical/electronics/electrical/software application engineering.
· Knowledge of EMS industries.
· Knowledge of automation equipment assembly and installation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Two year technical degree in Mechanical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
· Minimum of 5-7 years experiences in automation equipment assembly and installation.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.