The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) is responsible for analyzing and communicating global activities for current, future, and strategic financial performance and metrics with the FP&A team, management and other functions. Role will work with key stakeholders in financial planning for the company including Divisional CFO’s and Finance Senior Management. Specific activities may include: Annual Operating Plan management and maintenance, profit center and cost center management, forecasting, strategic financial planning analysis, internal reporting, variance analysis, complex systems integration, modeling and other discretionary projects as directed by management. Working as a member of the finance team, this position primarily performs day-to-day finance related activities designed to analyze and execute the company’s customer profitability reporting and drive for results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Assist in recruiting and interviewing potential FP&A team members.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for FP&A candidates/positions.
· Coach FP&A staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Drive collaboration with finance, operations, and business development functions.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor FP&A staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from plant and corporate personnel, peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in team members and encourage them to feel proud for their accomplishments.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Collaborate well with other Finance departments and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Provide periodic communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department/function.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions and encourage input from staff and other functions/team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Internal Management Reporting:
· Know and understand Jabil's Internal Management Reporting.
· Play an integral role in managing Jabil's Annual Operating Plan (AOP) financial process.
· Maintain an understanding of business activities, operations and systems, and global footprint.
· Provide regular updates to Senior Management on the progress of the AOP process with quantitative and qualitative communication.
· Prepare and provide Ad hoc financial analysis as required by Senior Management.
· Identify creative ways to improve reporting processes and financial analysis (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize financial systems and tools effectively to provide financial reporting deliverables, striving continuously to improve value.
· Develop relationships with key finance members across Jabil to establish ongoing, beneficial communication and knowledge sharing.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT CONSIDERATIONS
· Provide best practice to processes and procedures related to financial planning and analysis. Align Annual Operating Plan (AOP) to strategy for the company
· Administrate financial presentations and support including agendas, materials, timing, and other protocol, and communicate the same to Senior Management. The presentations may include quarterly variances, multi-year plans and other materials.
· Advise and provide financial support and analysis around current business models and help recommend future enhancements for operations and business development activities. Support and analysis may include financial forecast and variance files and other administrative matters.
· Prepare and assist with sensitivity analysis by developing upside and downside scenarios. Increase clarity to sensitivity of business performance and forecasting impacts.
· Direct and assist with new system integration and be a key partner with Financial systems team
· Ability to diplomatically manage deliverables and action from global teams.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Collaborate with senior leaders within Finance and Operations.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Counsel and advise key corrective actions to senior leadership related to forecast performance and/or under/over plan in terms of their potential impact on the goals, objectives, and financial viability of company
· Direct interaction with senior leadership including regularly scheduled meetings.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Foster a work standard consistent with management’s philosophies of best-in-class activities.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP, Controller, TM1, and other Cognos software.
· Accounting and Finance background with the ability to review, analyze and draw conclusions with respect to financial reporting information.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.