This position will plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and execute work activities designed to facilitate the ownership and management of the Company’s internal control framework; provide a level of assurance to management that internal controls are operating effectively and efficiently on a global basis; lead a global team of professionals and assist in the alignment and adoption of finance processes, controls, policies and procedures on a global basis; and partner with internal and external audit senior management to ensure seamless management of the Company’s internal controls structure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure all sites have adopted and are effectively executing Jabil’s internal control baseline.
· Assess risks on a site level, identify controls that address those risks, perform gap analysis of those controls, and perform limited testing of high risk areas to ensure adequate design and operation of controls and associated documentation.
· Create and manage a central repository for all internal control baselines to ensure that continuous monitoring, feedback and improvements occur on an as needed basis (likely quarterly).
· Own and manage the 302 certification process and fully integrate into the global controls baseline.
· Participate in all significant finance initiatives, gain an understanding of all salient risks, and design a cost-beneficial control structure that is incorporated into all finance processes.
· Support ownership and monitoring of non-key controls. This would involve testing the design and operation of non-key controls. Future state may include leading, coordinating, and reporting on site management’s testing of their internal control structure. Responsibilities include: SOX planning on a global basis, identifying controls to test, coordinating with site management on the nature, timing and extent of testing, aggregating and evaluating deficiencies identified on a site and global basis, and determining the adequacy of and following up on remediation plans.
· Liaise with internal and external auditors on all responsibilities/roles identified above to ensure seamless management of the Company’s internal control structure.
· Ensure all Finance best practices, cookbooks, KPIs, policies, procedures, checklists, etc. are aligned on a global level, fully integrated into the Company’s internal control structure, properly managed, and when relevant, integrated into the 302 certification process.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management within a multi-cultural, multi-functional environment.
· Strong understanding of corporate and/or plant finance processes within Jabil.
· Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) is required.
· Knowledge of the COSO framework and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, specifically as they relate to internal control structure
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Degree preferred.
· CPA preferred.
· Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management preferred.
· 5-7 years work-related experience required, preferably in accounting and/or internal control related roles.
· Minimum of 5 years accounting experience required.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.