For this CNC and Additive Manufacturing site, the QE is responsible for researching design factors such as ease of inspection and availability of materials and equipment. Developing data and making preliminary, in-process, and final decisions, to evaluate and ensure product conformity. Creating and modifying First Article Inspection (FAI) reports. Creating, modifying, evaluating and documenting programs for Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) and other equipment used in the inspection of machined and printed parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpret technical drawings, specifications, and reports
- Design and develop CMM Programs
- Develop processes to meet customer requirements and specifications using system concepts, CAD generated layouts, detail drawings, BOM’s and budgets
- Create layouts of medium to complex assemblies, devices, mechanisms and structures
- Provide technical explanations and guidance to suppliers, customers, and coworkers
- Assess proper material, tooling, automation and equipment selection
- Trouble-shoot problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, methods-development, and the development of inspection process parameters and inspection plans.
- Investigate, document, and determine root cause and corrective actions related to product non-conformances
- Perform risks assessments using traditional techniques such as FMEAs, cause-and-effect, and decision trees
- Participate in process development meetings and may make recommendations to process design changes to enhance inspection, manufacturing and assembly
- Provides support to all quoting and technical review activities.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives using traditional lean manufacturing techniques
- Collaborate on the development of SOP’s, operations and maintenance manuals
- Provide quality oversight to material qualification and process validation activities
- Research new technology and development tools to remain informed of current technology
- Understand Lean Six Sigma tools, projects and processes, and have the ability to incorporate these into assigned engineering projects
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Understand CNC machining processes and have a basic understanding of various manufacturing and inspection techniques
- Basic knowledge of Additive Manufacturing processes (“3D printing”)
- Basic knowledge of engineering theories, design principles and practices, and design evaluation techniques
- Good understanding of an ISO 9001 and/or AS9100-based quality management system
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of process validation, and equipment qualifications.
- Basic understanding of material testing techniques of metallic materials
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams) and e-mail skills required
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $51,348 - $74,369 - $97,497. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.