Lead highly complex electrical hardware designs for customer or innovation projects. Responsible for ensuring technical milestones are achieved. Responsible for guiding other engineer team members electrical designs and leads technical design reviews. Ensures specification requirements input and design outputs align. This engineer will have demonstrated experience at releasing products into a production environment.
- Lead Electrical Engineer with Power Electronics Background
- Designs electronic circuits, components and integrated systems, utilizing ferroelectric, nonlinear, dielectric, phosphorescent, photo-conductive, and thermoelectric properties of materials.
- Work with the EE Architect and other principal architects to understand of the product specification and EE architecture design. Lead/support the development and implementation of product architectures while complying with applicable standards
- Represent Jabil Design Engineering in Technical Customer Discussions and Meeting
- Work with Project Manager on Design quotations
- Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that effect project plans and schedules
- Has leadership and leading experience of EE team
- Circuit/Schematic design, component selection, and layout of analog and digital embedded systems
- Evaluate electronics system operation and recommend design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system requirements.
- Review EE design and control task execution schedule and quality.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering task
- Monitor team’s delivery quality and schedule
- Write and contribute to test plans, specifications Design, implement, and use test benches
- Tests, debug and validates designs, and manufacturing support
- Manage relationships with electronics vendors and contract manufacturers
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies and techniques to provide design that are competitive and cost effective
- Work with assigned manager to define potential R&D project proposals that will help increase areas of competencies
- Develop Patents, Technical Publications, or White Papers
- Confers with management and production staff to determine engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures proper documentation.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited 4 year college or university, with more than 8 years of experience: More than 5 years experience designing electrical systems, and More than 3 years experience being task lead or manage task individually
- Power Electronics background including: AC/DC, DC/AC and DC/DC power conversion, DC/DC power supply, grid-connected inverters including 3-level and 5-level inverters, Energy storage
- Experience writing and designing to specifications and test plans
- Electronics Design Background, schematics capture, and simulation tools knowledge (Prefer: Ansys and Cadence Simulation Tool Knowledge)
- Experience with embedded systems, processor selection, various communication protocols, analog design, sensor design, low power design, audio technologies and display
- Experience in testing, debugging and validating designs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creative, self-motivated, responsible, good team work spirit. Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Has ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Has ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Has Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Influence others and share best practices
- Work as part of a global team
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Leads cross-functional and EE design reviews
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.