Responsible for researching and addressing accounting related implications associated with new transactions and/or the adoption of new accounting guidance. This position will also be responsible for working with business partners within the organization to ensure that the financial statements are in compliance with U.S. GAAP.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES /RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Provide technical accounting expertise and support while advising the Company on its business issues and/or transactions.
- Perform research and provide guidance on technical accounting issues on a range of accounting topics including restructuring, pensions, fulfillment costs, goodwill & intangibles, mergers and acquisitions, foreign currency, revenue recognition, fixed assets, inventory, etc.
- Prepare comprehensive position papers that document and support the Company’s accounting conclusions reached on specific transactions and/or upon adoption of new accounting guidance.
- Contribute to monitoring and implementing new U.S. GAAP accounting guidance and SEC reporting requirements.
- Maintain internal controls and procedures to ensure effective risk management and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley § 404.
- Supervise and mentor accounting staff, if applicable.
- Provide support to the Company’s external auditors during audits and interim reviews.
- Participate in special projects and/or ad-hoc requests as they arise.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 3-5 years of experience in a public accounting firm and/or public company.
- CPA license is required.
- Technical accounting knowledge related to a range of accounting topics such as restructuring, pensions, fulfillment costs, goodwill & intangibles, mergers and acquisitions, foreign currency, revenue recognition, fixed assets, inventory, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to research an accounting issue, document conclusions and implement action plans to ensure the proper treatment.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently to proactively address accounting related matters and other solutions.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks in an environment of changing priorities.
- Ability to focus with an attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Basic knowledge of ERP accounting and reporting systems is preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.