The Director Automation Solutions is responsible for developing , implementing and managing the organization’s global automation strategies and programs. Responsibilities also include leveraging the existing capabilities and strengths across a broad range of industries, as well as directing and developing a global team of automation professionals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and implement the global automation organization vision and strategy.
· Unleash pockets of exceptional capabilities across a broad range of industries.
· Develop cost effective and accelerated initiatives to meet high mix/low volume applications, as well as solutions tailored to short product life cycles.
· Position Jabil to capitalize on industry & customer product disruption.
· Drive technical automation teams in the development of innovative automation equipment and solution design(s)
· Optimize automation equipment, improve production efficiency.
· Reform the existing automation technology.
· Introduce the new technology-based automated manufacturing
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Extensive technical acumen in the field of automation including automation design and implementation.
· Strong presentation, communication, and teamwork skills.
· Excellent leadership skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to lead team efforts in a cross-functional, matrixed environment.
· Interacts with and influences senior-level decision-makers.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills is a given.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering; advanced technical degree highly desired.
· Minimum of 12 years experience in automation engineering
· Demonstrated track record leading multiple successful automation implementations.
· Direct customer (internal and/or external) interface experience
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.