Responsible for strategizing, planning, designing, implementing, and managing of Automated, integrated production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production region(s) and globally. The Director will work with Global and Regional teams to ensure profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist and support Regional VP’s, Global Engineering Teams, and Regional teams with reliable data and expertise advice
• Work with Jabil Global and Regional Teams to design the future systems to streamline manufacturing processes
• Support Global and regional SME when facing challenging projects to meet Jabil Sector and Customers requirements and expectations
• Global and Regional Project Leader that directs and critically evaluates large scale challenges in multiple work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as, but not limited to, complex process simulations, operational research and business model cost analysis, production costs, process flow charts, and end to end value stream analysis, to determine efficient utilization and effectiveness of workers and equipment
• Support global and regional audits when required by global and local teams
• Lead as Global and Regional Subject Matter Expert in all global & regional AE practices, systems and applications
• Support development of global AE systems and applications and enforce compliance
• Provides expert consultation to Global Standards & Governance
• Provides expert advice to Functional/Technical Development Programs, create training and SME capability development
• Communicate to regional team key Automation Engineering metrics for Site
• Maintains collaboration forums between Global, regional and site Automation teams.
• Leads completion of Proof-of Concept (POC) for Factory of the Future (FoF) and new technologies
• Provides functional guidance to FoF SMEs
• Provides feedback to the FoF organization on skills, processes, equipment and technology needs
• Determines feasibility of site best practice initiatives and assists to establishes deployment plan across organization
• Coach, mentor, and train engineers within the Automation Engineering team & other functional engineering teams as needed
• Coach, mentor, and train new Site AE SMEs as support to Regional and Global AE SMEs
• Support and/or maintain all lower level Automation Engineering essential duties and responsibilities
• Ensure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
• Develop regional AE best practices with supporting data to Regional and Global AE teams to optimize existing best practices
• Advice automation teams on how to establish the baseline to kick-off automation projects across the site.
• RFQ revision and understanding of customer requirements:
• Confirm the accuracy and reliability of baseline process information before automating manual processes:
• Ensure that proper automation steps are taken to select automation suppliers considering Jabil Automation areas as a first choice unless capabilities are not met
• Advise and support transfer activities of new businesses to the site
• Confirm that new business meets or exceeds customer and BU expectations before installation
• Perform Technical Assessment of the Automation proposals from suppliers and site engineers and provide guidance for optimized designs.
• Perform Technical capability gap analysis and Identify Training needs for the site Automation engineers.
• Create Global Automation Strategy awareness on site for stronger understanding and adoption of Global Automation standards.
• Train Site Automation Engineering Team on Simple Automation Techniques and Automation standard solutions as per Global Automation Strategy.
• Train and provides support for continuously upgrading site engineers on Robotics, Vision system, Application specific tooling hardware and software integration required for deployment of Automation solution.
• Reviews the feedback from regional SME III, for the changes/enhancements to existing Standard Automation procedures and Design Packages, if any.
• Share Site Automation best practices/innovations with Regional and Global Automation teams for review and approval for Global standards.
• Develop new best practices/innovations with supporting data, to optimize the existing best practices.
• Collaborate with Regional PMO for proper execution of the projects.
• Cross-functional work with Global Supply Chain and Deployment team.
• Support RFQ process with Automation AVLs for new design packages.
• Identify Creative ways to reduce cost for design packages, through regular feedback from the sites.
• Lead multiple cross-functional projects across his or her specific region with broad in-depth knowledge of various functions outside of Automation Engineering to optimize complex large-scale projects
• Support, assist and advise Business Unit Directors and Site Management on new & actual processes reliability and profitability
• If required by BUD and Site Management, SME IV will attend QBR’s activities, customer visits and on-site meetings discussions with customer
• Lead process improvement related activities for New Product Introduction.
• Seek outside best practices and education to bring knowledge into regional and global Automation platforms
• Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization
• Attend seminars and conferences to have the latest information about new Automation systems and technologies to support manufacturing processes
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
• Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Demonstrated Hands-on experience in managing automation teams.
• Advanced Knowledge in automation trends and execution.
• Relentless in exploring new and latest methods in improving assembly techniques.
• Lead Process and Equipment / Automation Evaluation aligned to the needs of Site.
• Knowledge in Basic Statistics and knowledge of defining POC and leading it to completion.
• Understanding of DFM/A, FMEA, DFAA (Design for automation) and IPC requirements.
• Able to write technical reports when needed.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.