Reporting to Materials Manager; Procure all components necessary to support production or prototype builds. In conjunction, responsibilities include; accomplishing the best possible pricing, lead time agreements, resolution of quality issues, delivery and inventory levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate Jabil expectations to the suppliers. Conduct supplier audit / visits, certifications, and performance reviews to develop and continuously improve the supply base. Obtain feedback from Materials Planners on suppliers’ delivery, quality and service performance.
- Participate in decision making of MPS loading through proper materials sizing
- Analyze, maintain, and execute Materials Requirement Plan (MRP). Continuously monitor and verify materials pipeline to ensure it meets the MRP requirements. Identify and appropriately address materials supply issues
- Ensure materials availability to support production per the Master Production Schedule through MRP execution, on-time delivery, and coordination of materials movement through receiving to production
- Proactively eliminate materials liabilities for Jabil by clearly understanding the ownership (supplier / customer). Track and provide supporting data to BUM in order to clearly define customer liable materials. Execute and maximize Jabil negotiated terms with suppliers to reduce materials liability
- Issue Purchase Orders to pricing, terms & conditions that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil Commodity Managers and Buyers. Ensure suppliers’ adherence to established agreements
- Optimize order management process to ensure effective communication with suppliers
- Support, execute, and provide inputs to improve Jabil SCM initiatives and strategies
- Provide input to determine Quoted Cost to the Customer that is competitive yet maximizes the amount of Materials Price Variance (MPV)
- Continuously optimize MPV by reducing the cost of materials and by limiting unfavorable PPV/MPV. Work with Business Unit Managers to obtain customers’ authorization for additional expenses such as premiums on materials or freight and tooling charges incurred on customers’ behalf
- Maintain integrity of master data and purchasing planning parameters in order to minimize material liability and to balance the cost of procurement with inventory investment level
- Monitor and continuously improve supplier’s delivery and quality performance. Address and resolve recurring or critical issues by utilizing corrective action tools and additional resources
- Support Accounts Payable in resolving invoice discrepancies
- Provide inputs to drive and execute Jabil’s commodity and pricing strategy. Work closely with Buyers, Commodity Managers, & SCM. Provide feedback on supplier performance and Jabil’s strategies
- Minimize materials freight expenses for Jabil
- Optimize Cash to Cash Cycle
- Monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers’ performance on delivery, quality, and service
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Degree or Equivalent 2.2 CPIM or CPM certification preferred
- 2 to 4 years related experience in Supply Chain Management
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $42,754 - $61,957 - $81,159. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.