This position helps to continue to further enhance Jabil's IT Business Continuity program. You will reach across different IT organizations and company entities to support Jabil’s corporate effort to advance business continuity and disaster recovery readiness throughout the IT organization. Must identify and develop strategies to mitigate or respond to threats as they impact Jabil operations. You will participate in and or, lead various efforts and initiatives to accomplish the mission of ensuring Jabil's continuity of operations. Some of your main responsibilities will include: Develops, implements, and tests plans and procedures to ensure the Jabil Circuit Inc. businesses can respond to disruptions so that critical business functions can be resumed within a defined time frame, the amount of loss can be minimized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in the development of BCP AND DRP Project scoping and planning
· Prepare and/or deliver IT Business threat, vulnerability and/or risk briefings
· Monitors global events for potential threats to Jabil operations and provides notification to ISA team
· Conduct risk analysis and business impact analyses and assist business units and ISS groups to determine critical business processes.
· Lead, facilitate and coordinate the design and development of BCPs and DRPs for all business units and facilities (Recommend disaster avoidance and reduction strategies)
o Assessment of potential business impact
o Identify and define critical, time-sensitive processes and areas
o identify acceptable recovery time periods and establish resources required for successful resumption of business operations
o Provides guidance to and coordinates the efforts of staff members in developing recovery procedures for key areas of the organization.
· Establish business continuity and disaster recovery testing methodologies. Plan and coordinate testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures in functional areas to ensure recovery procedures are effective for restoration of key resources and resumption of critical business processes. This includes outside service providers, vendors, and customers.
· Provide expertise and support to ISS management and business areas as required when a business disruption occurs. Act as the coordinator during an emergency situation.
· Conduct disaster recovery training for staff member in all functional areas. Provide instructional and informational materials on how employees are expected to respond during an emergency.
· Assists in preparation and delivery of report business continuity status to senior management
· Assists in the operation of the Crisis Command Center and related task during a crisis event
· Assists in the development and maintenance of IS Security policy in the areas of BC and DRP
· Facilitates the annual BCP reviews and assessments of BCPs and DRPs and supports the plan owner with the revision or modification of the plans
· Manage Corrective Actions from audit findings and customer requirements
· Contribute to global roadmap and propose roadmap for area of responsibility
· Evaluate Business partner’s questionnaires and assessments
· Assists with customer, business partner and auditor communications
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· To be dependable and conscientious in all work performed.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Have strong knowledge of BCP/DRP Methodologies
· Possess strong Project Management skills and have successfully led enterprise wide projects
· Have international experience in Risk Management methodologies and Business impact and Risk Assessment analysis
· Possess the ability to present recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences
· Have excellent written and oral communication skills including both technical and business writing, documentation and presentation skills
· Strong analytical, organizational and decision making skills
· Must be an effective team player and be self-motivated and productive
· Ability to travel and provide off-hour coordination as required
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
· Must have a high degree of integrity, be customer service oriented, and able to resolve conflict.
· Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving. Prioritize assignments without supervision. Achieve progress within available resources.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.