Plans and executes testing procedures to ensure that software meets established quality standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Work in continuous delivery mode, analyzing and delivering features iteratively
· Consistently demonstrate Agile processes and principles for effective delivery
· Flexibly adapt to changes in the project structure, processes, tasks and responsibilities
· Conduct reviews of complex system requirements to ensure adequate test case coverage
· Responsible for creating, refining and maintaining test plans, test cases to meet development and stakeholder needs
· Write test cases in key word driven framework
· Execute testing manually and in test-automation environment
· Identify test environment requirements
· Prepares and maintains test data sets
· Documents testing results according to required procedures
· Isolates, reproduces and traches defects
· Verifies bug fixes
· Attend and participate in program-level reviews, walkthrough and inspection
· Demonstrate prototype, product improvements for the Product Owner to confirm the delivered solution is in fulfillment of the stated requirements
· Provide timeline information about quality assurance and control tasks
· Communicate regularly with program or project manager to provide timeline information and define test schedules
· Participate in the adoption of enterprise quality standards, processes, tools and methodology to ensure cost efficient, timely and effective services that support the corporate business strategy.
· Provide guidance to others on quality control and assurance processes
· Develop recommendations on how to improve the overall quality and reliability of products and services through the solutions development life cycle
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Detailed understanding of features of software applications assigned to him/her
· High level knowledge of the existing application landscape to identify best solution for specific features
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil colleagues to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
· Participate in processes improvement, sharing best practices and proactively suggesting improvement points.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction
· Proactively investigates new perspectives, attitudes to evaluate and improve knowledge and performance
· Ensure 100% adherence to all IT and department policy, processes and procedures and utilizes IT governance tools
· Maintains positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems.
Knowledge and Education Requirements
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
· Minimum 8 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance or similar role
· Minimum 2 years work in an environment using Agile development methodology
· Good understanding of software development lifecycle (Waterfall and Agile)
· Ability to understand complex business problems and translate it to IT language
· Structured, process driven, pragmatic problem solver approach
· Good communication skills
· Creative approach to problem-solving
· Experience with working in a multicultural environment
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Fluent in English
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.