Provides technical support of activities related to the improvement and development of current and new processes including process cost evaluation, quality and capability alternatives analyses, and process characterization. Provides support to assigned manufacturing areas to meet the requirements for quality standards, compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participates in engineering projects including completing assigned tasks on-time and with high quality.
· Provides day to day support and direction to production such as, but not limited to turning, milling, drilling, finishing, packaging etc. as required.
· Assists in difficult repairs and troubleshooting of CNC machines and other complex systems.
· Executes tasks associated with process validation (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation) and engineering studies.
· Assists in process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies as e.g. Lean and Six Sigma principles.
· Assists in measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
· Supports tasks related to requisitioning equipment and materials and performing vendor and equipment analysis for engineers to determine cost effective and high quality processes.
· Checks basic layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensions.
· Provides support for designed experiments and capability studies, collects documents and files records on process specifications.
· Assists with the programming, set-up and debugging of equipment or measuring instruments.
· Collects process documentation and prepares training on processes, materials, and equipment.
· Supports and performs preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks.
· Participates in investigations, develops plans and executes tasks to solve process problems including Nonconformances (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
· Participates in cross-functional teams which may include, but are not limited to Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, Finance and Product Development.
· Adheres to all company safety policies and procedures and other safety precautions within the work area.
· Acts as a model for the operators in terms of attitude, running machines, following processes and decision making.
· Performs other related duties, as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Associates degree or equivalent work experience/certifications.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· 0-2 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering is required.
· Experience with packaging, Laser, and CNC processes, equipment and related programming software is preferred.
· Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
· Lean Sigma experience preferred.
· Demonstrates working knowledge of machine and electrical safety standards, preferred.
· Demonstrates troubleshooting skills.
· Demonstrates strong written and verbal skills.
· Demonstrates strong computer skills, such as the use of Microsoft Office, CREO, Minitab, and databases, preferred.
· Demonstrates strong organizational skills and is results oriented.
· Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills and professional interactions with coworkers.
· Must be willing to support global projects including some travel.
· Must be willing to support all production shifts.
· Participates in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment including compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and applicable Work Instructions.
· Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
· Supports and operates in a proactive safety environment
· Works in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $14.11 - $20.45 - $26.79. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.