Maintain & support existing business system applications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· 24/7 support for production critical applications
· Application deployment, upgrade, troubleshoot, maintain
· Applications scalability, security, performance tuning
· Applications, servers, and DB’s monitoring
· Database-related activities – DB deployment, maintenance, backup\restore, troubleshooting: SQL, SQL jobs, SSIS, SSRS.
· Collaborate with other teams (DBA, DEV, DevOps, BSA, network team) during troubleshooting, bug-fixing, deployment processes, new projects implementation
· Ticket system, Change management, PRB, incident management, service requests, SLA
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company policies
· Maintain and develop documentation for responsible areas, application inventory
· Cloud activities – support current cloud infrastructure, migrate solutions to the cloud.
· Develop & executes test plans.
· Interact with functional resource to understand &/or clarify requirements.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Good technical knowledge of Windows Server, SQL Server, AWS
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
Manufacturing support experience
· Involvement with scripting languages such as PowerShell, batch scripting
· Customer service skills as well as effective communication skills – both verbal and written.
· Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
· Understanding of database objects, tables, views, keys, indexes, stored procedures.
· Understanding of software design methodologies.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
· Knowledge of Microsoft operating system and networks
· Knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud services is preferred
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.