This position will plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and execute work activities designed to:
· Facilitate transferring the ownership and management of the Company’s internal control framework from the Risk and Assurance Services group (“RAS”) to Finance
· Provide a level of assurance to management that non-key controls are operating effectively and efficiently on a global basis (302 certification process)
· Assist in the alignment and adoption of finance processes, controls, policies and procedures on a global basis
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Rationalize Global Baseline – Perform a detailed rationalization of the global controls baseline to identify key risks and key mitigating controls for all processes, corporate, plants, shared services structures and applications. The goal is to reduce manual controls, maximize usage of IT automated controls, reduce overall effort expended by Jabil Management, RAS and Ernst & Young, and ensure high quality, cost-beneficial risk mitigation.
· Ensure adoption of Global Baseline Across all Plants – Ensure all plants have adopted and are effectively executing the global controls baseline. This process fully engages plant finance and accounting personnel, and begins by assessing the salient risks at the plant, identifying controls from the global controls baseline that address these risks, performing gap analysis of the controls ultimately adopted by the plant, and performing limited testing of high risk areas to ensure adequate design and operation of controls and associated documentation.
· Create and Manage a Central Repository for the Global Baseline – Create and manage a central repository for the global controls baseline (control matrices, and the associated narratives and support). This centralized repository should ensure that continuous monitoring, feedback and improvements occur on an as needed basis (likely quarterly).
· Own and Manage 302 Certification Process – Own and manage the 302 certification process and fully integrate into the global controls baseline.
· Participate in Finance Initiatives – Participate in all significant finance initiatives, gain an understanding of all salient risks, and design a cost-beneficial control structure that is incorporated into the global controls baseline. Examples of such initiatives currently in process include: Global Business Services and related projects, Cognos Controller, TM1, Business Intelligence, Concur, SAP ME and PLM, Asia treasury hub, and centralized payroll for the U.S.
· Support Testing of Non-Key Controls (short-term goal) and Management’s Assessment of ICoFR (long-term goal) – Support ownership and transition of non-key controls from RAS to management. This would involve testing the design and operation of non-key controls. Future state may include leading, coordinating, and reporting on plant management’s testing of their internal control structure. Responsibilities include: SOX planning on a global basis, identifying controls to test, coordinating with plant management on the nature, timing and extent of testing, aggregating and evaluating deficiencies identified on a plant and global basis, and determining the adequacy of and following up on remediation plans.
· Team with RAS, Regional SOX Coordinators, Finance Transformation – Liaise/integrate with Risk and Assurance Services on all responsibilities/roles identified above to ensure seamless management of the global controls baseline.
· Integrate Finance Enablers – Ensure all Finance best practices, cookbooks, KPIs, policies, procedures, checklists, etc. are aligned on a global level, fully integrated into the global controls baseline, properly managed, and when relevant, integrated into the certification process.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management within a multi-cultural, multi-functional environment.
· Strong understanding of corporate and/or plant finance processes within Jabil.
· Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) is required.
· Knowledge of the COSO framework and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, specifically as they relate to internal control structure
· Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), country-specific GAAP or other multi-country accounting experience is preferred, but not required.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management preferred.
· 5-7 years work-related experience required, preferably in accounting and/or internal control related roles.
· Minimum of 5 years accounting experience required.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.