The Tool Crib Technician is responsible for the timely processing of maintenance and tool orders, tool crib inventory, and supplier management, and tool crib inventory management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure inventory quantity accuracy is maintained through cycle counting, work order review, good record keeping, and prompt resolution of discrepancies.
- Compare nomenclature, stock numbers, equipment drawing and other listed information with catalogs, manuals, parts lists, and similar references to verify correctness of tool crib inventory items.
- Work with equipment engineers and maintenance planners to ensure stock levels are maintained and adequate to prevent machine downtime.
- Support the maintenance technicians by locating and issuing equipment parts and materials.
- Help maintain equipment parts lists for assets in the Maximo system.
- Place purchase requisitions.
- Provides back up for the maintenance planners as required.
- Provides assistance in asset management and tracking.
- Drive cost improvements in the Tool Crib.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Independent and self-responsible
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, engineers, technicians and peers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Experience with Maximo and SAP is desired
- Ability to write, read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High School diploma or equivalent required with at least 2 years' experience in a relevant Jabil production position or equivalent external work experience. Experience in manufacturing or a degree in a related field preferred.
The job is posted for 2nd shift. Initial training for a minimum of 4 weeks on 1st shift is planned, and future shift flexibility may be required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.