Provide a higher level of support to the Manufacturing Engineering Technician I & II in the area of equipment and process support (including machine maintenance) to printed circuit assembly lines. Interface between manufacturing line and OEM Field Service and Support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provide assistance, guidance and training in the maintenance and development of machine programs, part definitions (PD) files and machine set-ups.
· Provide assistance, guidance and training in the optimization of machine programs and set-ups to meet or exceed theoretical product run-rate.
· Provide assistance and perform training as required in the repair and preventive maintenance of SMT equipment.
· When requested provide additional help in the diagnosis of non-SMT equipment, and execute repairs within skill level.
· Escalate appropriate issues to Industrial Techs, and provide assistance as needed to accomplish repairs.
· Evaluate soliciting assistance from machine vendor Field Service Engineers and assist those persons on the completion of tasks whenever possible.
· Assist in Identifying potential machine failures, and undiagnosed trends to reduce equipment downtime and work with the equipment manufacturer to improve and rectify identified problems with our equipment.
· Maintain a high level of service and repair training on new equipment as it is added to line configurations.
· Assist in the coordination of line re-configurations and machine move activities, including equipment arrival, positioning and installation.
· Serve as the technical expert for the maintenance, Troubleshooting, and repair of supported Manufacturing Machines and Provide specialized training and assistance on that equipment when required to Manufacturing Engineering Tech I & II employees in support of their production lines.
· Assist Manufacturing Engineers & Manufacturing Engineering Tech I & II as requested in achieving optimum process performance by measuring and / or optimizing of reflow profiles, wave solder profiles, and screen printing of solder paste. Provide recommendations for designing, fabricating and / or modifying necessary tooling, and product design for manufacturability (DFM) improvements.
· Monitor and maintain the upgrade level of software on all SMT and related equipment to ensure the highest possible equipment efficiency and uniformity throughout the plant.
· Interface with and assist the Jabil Engineering and Equipment Process and Software Engineering Groups to successfully achieve common goals and complete special projects.
· Assist the Machine Support supervisor in the daily guidance of the MET floater when needed.
· Maintain continuous communication with the Machine Support Supervisor and the Manufacturing Engineering Technician III on the following shift.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply with all procedures within the company security policy.
Associate’s degree preferred; or minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.