Directs the key accounting requirements of a single facility of large size or of multiple units by conducting internal and external accounting duties personally or through subordinates. Responsible for directing the organization’s accounting functions including the establishment and maintenance of the organization’s accounting principles, practices, procedures, internal control, and initiatives. Prepares financial reports and present findings and recommendations to top management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
· Monitors and confirms financial condition and manages risk by conducting or arranging audits.
· Prepares budgets by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data, recommending plans.
· Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
· Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends and presents findings and recommendations to management.
· Complies with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, and forcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, advising management on needed actions.
· Manages the utilization and practical application of information technology by assuring the company is well equipped with the appropriate hardware and software to meet production and corporate requirements.
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining a prudent internal controls environment.
· May participate in specific projects as assigned at the GBU level.
· Trains and develops subordinate staff.
· Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration required. Master’s degree preferred.
· CPA or CMA preferred
· Minimum 10 years of related; preferably in public accounting
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.