Working under minimum supervision, only conferring with manager on unusual matters, will generate CAD (Computer Aided Design) models and drawings. As a lead designer, you will start to become more familiar with the engineering aspects of design. This may include working on new designs or the modification of existing designs. These responsibilities cover the disciplines of both MCAD and ECAD.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· An expert in the use of multiple CAD design tool.
· Work with manager and/or technical project manager to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
· Work with the Engineering Manager to keep improving procedures and templates
· Work closely with the engineers to increase technical competencies
· Will have a good understanding of materials and tooling processes
· At the appropriate process phase gates, will create and enter a complete design package data into our PDM system for ECO release.
· Work concurrently with other Design Services departments, Business Unit Management, Manufacturing, Test, Purchasing, and Quality departments through the design phase of a program.
· Work to provide a design that not only meets the customer’s criteria, but is also of high quality, cost effective, and manufacturability.
· Support production discrepancies by incorporating fixes into subsequent revisions in a timely manner.
· Use data collected in production in subsequent programs to ensure continuing improvement in designs.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· Follow the direction of Engineers and the Design Manager.
· Assist in checking and verifying the work of CAD Designers and CAD Librarians.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 8 years of related experience and/or training
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.