Responsible for all aircraft maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform inspections, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, resolve mechanical discrepancies, “squawks” and replacement of parts as needed on company aircraft.
· Establish rules and procedures to ensure safe maintenance and line operations while supervising maintenance personnel.
· Assisting with development of department policies.
· Recommending the proper staffing for the maintenance department.
· Coordinate activities of the maintenance department with flight operations.
· Provide efficient and timely scheduling of all maintenance and repairs to minimize down time of company aircraft.
· Directing compliance of Minimum Equipment List (MEL) maintenance procedures.
· Assuming responsibility for maintenance and upkeep of the aviation hangar and office facility.
· Ensure compliance with all necessary service bulletins and airworthy directives as required by regulation.
· Establish and maintain records as required by Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s), the aircraft manufacturers approved maintenance manual and company policies. Monitoring these records, if maintained by an outside agency.
· Procure parts and equipment at the best possible cost savings to the company and establish accounts and discount schedules with vendors for the timely replacement of parts so that “on hand” inventories may be kept to a minimum.
· Assist in the movement and fueling of company aircraft.
· Assist in preflight and post flight activities of company aircraft during normal business hours as well as after hours, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Supervise major maintenance events such as engine overhauls, paint and interior refurbishment and airframe inspections performed by outside vendors to ensure completion within allotted time and cost estimates.
· Assist in other areas of flight department activity such as, aircraft acquisitions and pre-buy inspections.
· Track hourly maintenance department employee’s hours and minimize overtime to the extent possible.
· Review all maintenance invoices and bills for accuracy.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Must have good organizational skills and be computer literate.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to
devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Hold an Airframe and Powerplant, (A&P) Certificate.
· Completion of manufacturers training or have equivalent experience for the company’s aircraft and engines.
· Have practical experience as an active aircraft maintenance technician with experience in the type of aircraft assigned.
· Own hand tools necessary to perform routine daily assignments and tasks.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.