- Leads & supports New Product Introduction activities for products, processes or technologies, and for the enhancement or extension of existing product lines.
- Leads & supports development and implementation of changes to key processes to achieve sustained performance, quality and cost improvements.
- Leads & manages a cross-functional team across different skillsets and disciplines, to carry out the activities required in the RFQ process for new products and projects, and subsequent project activities associated with new business wins.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- Lead the completion of projects within the Moulding Workcell, both internal and NPI, working with cross-functional teams as required.
- Coordinate support for all NPI activity within the Moulding Workcell, to execute existing projects to meet the customer requirements.
- Provide effective tools and evaluation strategies to support Jabil Healthcare WFD quoting activity.
- Drive the development of stable and capable manufacturing processes through a structured process development approach.
- Support the Engineering Manager in the evaluation of resource and equipment needs for current and future projects.
- Work closely with the Programmes group to ensure alignment on NPI schedules and activity. Ensure resource availability for activities including, but not limited to user requirement specification, buy-off, installation, validation & production ramp up of new lines.
- Liaise with equipment vendors & other programme management teams as appropriate.
- Identify and deliver service-improvement activity across the Workcell NPI process by employing improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking.
- Work closely with Workcell team in building a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing programme of change in areas such as Customer Engagement, Process Development & Validation, Metrology, Tool Design, Supplier Management & Injection Moulding Process Pre- & Post-Process testing.
- Drive a mindset of innovation and continuous improvement throughout the NPI function.
- Actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and actively identify solutions to address in advance.
- Provide leadership & mentoring to the Workcell, in critical areas of NPI activity, including the use of analytical tools (Lean & Six Sigma).
- Contribute to goal setting, performance reviews, training & development as appropriate within the Workcell.
- Ensure projects are prioritized in line with business needs.
- Work closely with customers to ensure engagement and alignment on critical projects and issues, and shared ownership where relevant.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes, including compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Job Specifications :
- B Eng or equivalent relevant qualification.
- Have minimum 10 years relevant work experience in a highly technical manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of automated assembly engineering, injection moulding, automated systems & product engineering highly desirable.
- Previous people management experience in a regulated environment essential.
- Exceptional organisational, people leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Customer focused, motivated, enthusiastic, self-directed & results driven leader.
- Strong leadership of technical issue resolution.
- Good data analysis skills.
- Proven leadership abilities
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.