Develop, implement and measure a Global Commodity Strategy that fully meets the supply chain needs of our Business Sectors, Business Units and Corporation (i.e. commodity strategies, supply base development, Global infrastructure, price management etc.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop, implement and measure a Global Commodity Strategy and Business plan that fully meets the needs of our Business Sectors, BU and Corporation (i.e. commodity strategies, supply base development, Global infrastructure, price management etc.)
· Demonstrate expertise in assigned commodities and fully competent in all aspects of supply chain Management including commodities not directly assigned.
· Adhere to Global Commodity infrastructure that supports Jabil’s business and growth plans.
· Develop the supply base to exceed the goals and objectives of Jabil and the supply chain management team
· Ensure the commodity supply base adheres to Jabil standards of Corporate Social Responsibilities including but not limited to Environmental, Ethical, Legislative, and Regulatory requirements
· Market Jabil’s Supply Chain Management expertise both internally and externally
· Negotiate supplier Contracts
· Analyze market conditions and implement supply chain strategies to assure supply and price competitiveness
· Be a leader in ensuring that Jabil maximizes our purchase leverage for the best total cost of ownership
· Aggressively negotiate absolute best pricing, terms and conditions
· Develop a cost modeling tool to determine true component value of assigned commodity(s)
· Develop effective relationships with Business Unit Management to ensure that Supply Chain Management is fully involved with new business opportunities.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Offer new, innovative, entrepreneurial ideas, practices and processes that drive continuous improvement to Jabil’s supply chain goals and objectives
· Set annual goals and objectives that ensure commodities managed meet and exceed supply chain metric targets
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Periodically “get down in the trenches” to rehabilitate troubled plants. Foster a “back to basics” mentality during these times. Lead by example; “Walk the talk.”
· Establish new measurement systems if/where appropriate.
· Ensure the efficient and timely exchange of knowledge and information within the Jabil Corporation to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· In depth knowledge of assigned commodity(s) both technical and commercial
· Contract management and negotiations (Purchase Agreement, Inventory management initiatives etc…)
· Basic finance (understand and evaluate a Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow statement)
· Understanding of MRP
· Know the supply base management teams of assigned commodity(s)
· Cost to manufacture commodity(s) assigned
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.