This role leads manufacturing engineering in process development and machine programming for producing stainless steel and Titanium trauma products. The role will be responsible for machinery & equipment acquisition, tool design manufacturing layout, continuous improvement and other duties associated with engineering support of production. This role leads large projects that supports the technology roadmap for the site. This person is this role should be able to interpret a product print that will allow them to determine the equipment and cutting tools needed to make the part to the print. They then should be able to program the equipment to produce the part.
• Provides direction and technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing operations and implementing new technologies including development of processes, researching current and emerging technologies and evaluating process quality, cost, capacity, and capability alternatives.
• Provides direction in supporting the needs of manufacturing areas in terms of meeting the requirements for quality standards and compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
• Provides direction and technical support regarding equipment design and development, testing of materials, preparation of specifications and operator instructions, process studies, investigations, root cause analysis, problem solving and report or presentation preparation.
• Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks, project management, statistical analysis and presentation of data and technical writing. Mentors engineering staff.
ENGINEERING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates in multi-site projects.
• Leads and participates in complex engineering projects, either technically or with an extensive cross- functional team. This includes developing and executing to the plan and schedule and meeting the goals and objectives of the project. Tracks costs, prepares status reports, conducts meetings, and documents and communicates progress to management.
• Leads and participates in investigations, develops plans and executes tasks to solve process problems including Nonconformance's (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA). Performs analysis and communicates associated trends.
• Provides day to day support and direction to production such as, but not limited to turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, laser etch, packaging etc. as required.
• Develops process validation strategy and writes and executes engineering studies and process validation protocols and summary reports (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation).
• Identifies, leads, and implements process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies such as, Lean and Six Sigma principles.
• Performs gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
• Develops fixtures, designs tools and has the ability to express and implement ideas with tool designers.
• Leads new equipment acquisition efforts including user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
• Develops and implements manufacturing and inspection procedures.
• Participates in and leads cross-functional teams which may include, but are not limited to Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, Finance, Product Development, and other sites.
• Acts as a liaison to vendors with regard to contracted products, tools & fixtures, and there manufacture.
• Identifies and implements improvements to engineering business processes such as configuration management, ERP management, maintenance tracking, etc.
• Performs other related duties, as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor of Science Degree from accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related degree.
• Master of Science Degree from an accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related degree, preferred.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• 4-6 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering is required.
• Experience with CNC programming, processes, and equipment required.
• Experience with CAD/CAM is required.
• Experience with CREO/Windchill is preferred.
• Experience with Master CAM is preferred.
• Experience with Macro B Programming is preferred.
• Experience with Swiss Turning Lathes and Multi Axis Milling required.
• Experience with Multi-Spindle Lathes preferred.
• Strong familiarity with measuring equipment and GD&T is required.
• Experience in scale up manufacturing (prototype to mass production) is preferred.
• Validation experience is required.
• Experience with PLM (Product Life Cycle Management) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) preferred
• Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
• Six Sigma or Lean Sigma certification or 4 years of experience preferred.
• Project Management experience is required.
• Experience developing and implementing robust automated manufacturing equipment, preferred.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of machine and electrical safety standards, preferred.
• Demonstrates leadership qualities including confidence, transparency, integrity, innovation, passion, patience, and tenacity.
• Demonstrates strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Demonstrates strong computer skills, such as the use of Microsoft Office 360, Minitab, Playbook or equivalent Project Management Software and databases.
• Demonstrates strong organizational and project management skills and are results oriented.
• Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills and professional interactions with coworkers.
• Demonstrates troubleshooting skills.
• Must be willing to support global projects including some travel.
• Must be willing to support all shifts.
• May be responsible for the supervision of Engineering Technicians or Interns.
• Participates in the hiring process for Engineering Technicians and Interns.
• Participates in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment including compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and applicable Work Instructions.
• Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics, and compliance always.
• Supports and operates in a proactive safety environment
• Works in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants, and other manufacturing related chemicals.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $63,548 - $120,624. A competitive salary will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the selected applicant, as well as internal equity and alignment with salary market data. As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a bonus based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan; and paid time off.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $63,548 - $92,086 - $120,624. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.