Direct Quality and FA Engineers Worldwide for Workcell Staff in operating within area of assigned responsibilities with a high level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors. Represent the quality function of technical support, in conjunction with other internal support groups with all Worldwide Workcell Members, regarding issues affecting, Quality, lean manufacturing, and six sigma quality initiatives on global customer accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
Deals with issues pertaining to external and internal audit plans, schedules, and corrective actions of the Management
Researches, formulates, and documents quality, environment and business systems improvements as well as evaluating
effectiveness of improvement efforts
Directs, coordinates, and reviews all activities of the ESD, Calibration, records management, and Document Control
Department to ensure the needs of internal and external Customers are being met
Ensures that Global Documents are locally analyzed and implemented as necessary.
Ensures functional management and business management is aware of and understands the principles and expectations
associated with the standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 13485, and TL 9000
Assists customers and business units in efforts to comply with regulatory agencies such as CCC, UL, CSA, TUV, TUV
Reinland, NEMKO, DEMKO, IRAM, and Met Labs.
Assists management in the standardization, validation, simplification and documenting of processes
Assists in process mapping and value-add analysis for all processes
Develops and manages tools needed product documentation
Schedules and Documents Management Reviews
Provide training for Quality and ESD awareness
Monitor daily follow up for ESD controls (floor readings, electronic employee check up) assisted by the process auditor
· Review and analyze field and manufacturing line component failures, and corrective actions; feedback to engineering; generate pareto and trend charts; drive corrective actions.
· Coordinate and generate failure analysis and corrective action reports for component issues.
· Review and guide component reliability testing, provide technical assistance in the testing and checking of assigned parts specialized fields such as physical, functional and environmental testing.
· Work with quality, production, manufacturing, suppliers and subcontractors to discuss and resolve quality aspects of specialized parts, materials and assemblies.
· DPM expectations are clearly communicated to the supply base
· Communicate changes in Jabil DPM expectations on a timely basis
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the Worldwide plant quality and functional management departments, associated with new quality initiatives (process control tools)
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Prepare and present customer presentations related to quality improvement initiatives.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
· Define, develop and implement Quality Engineering strategies, which contribute to the campus strategic directions.
· Provide regular updates to Quality Engineering Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to Test Engineering Manager & workcell manager on cost and cost trends.
· Review all supplier discrepancies. Coordinate and track the corrective/preventative action effort.
· Participate in the vendor survey activities as applicable. Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
· Interface and provide technical support on component quality issues with the customer as needed.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Detailed project planning skills
· Consulting skills with emphasis on customer acceptance, training, and partnering
· Familiarity with various triggering systems (i.e. DPMO, DPM, 3/5 rule etc..)
· Ability to lead team and interact with all levels of management in a matrixed and political environment
· Team player and flexibility to deal with ongoing change and customer resistance
· Technical savvy and knowledge of both IT applications and enterprise IT Infrastructure and Operations (Mfg, software and hardware)
· Guide part selection for new components and products and new component qualification.
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.