- Lead development and implementation of multi-cavity Tooling strategies for complex and/or large tooling builds with optimal cavitation and cycle times to meet the needs of a robust manufacturing process and quality requirements.
- Lead product development or project meetings and makes various recommendations for product design changes. Including performance and presentation of the Dfm/Dfa recommendations.
- Lead and or participate development of measurement inspection techniques, fixtures and test methods.
- Lead and or participate in the Moulding Cell readiness at the receiving site to ensure that the overall moulding cell is production ready.
- Develop and deliver tooling proposals/costings including: Tooling build, metrology, qualification and maintenance costs.
- Development of required R&D documentation, e.g. Engineering Studies & Feasibility Reports, with focus on detail and quality for tooling requirements.
- Tooling design verification / tooling validation plans, protocols and reports.
- Manage mold flow requirements and translate data into final conclusions for use in tooling considerations.
- Lead and or participate in Risk Assessment / Analysis (PHA, FTA, dFMEA, uFMEA).
- Provide technical support to key vendors / sub contract manufacturers.
- Support quality and project teams for their Regulatory Affairs submissions to Notified Bodies.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree recognized Tooling Apprenticeship or experience in similar Tool Engineer role.
- Excellent knowledge of multi cavity injection mould tools and hot runner systems.
- Minimum 5 years tooling development experience, preferably in medical devices.
- Strong tooling and product design skills, with a working knowledge of 2D/3D CAD, preferably in Pro Engineer.
- Knowledge of resin materials and processing techniques for tool building and polymers processing.
- Experience in rapid prototyping techniques and their application.
- Strong knowledge of tool approval process, metrology development for qualification and document control techniques.
- Effective written skills for technical writing and presentations &strong verbal communication skills with an ability to successfully interact in cross functional teams.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.