Acting as the Finance Lead’s Deputy, the Financial Controls Lead Senior Associate will assist with designing, managing, and monitoring Jabil’s internal control structure to ensure the Company’s entity wide compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404 internal control requirements (SOX).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES are following but not limited to:
- Manage and coordinate Statutory Financial Statement
- Coordination / Handling of US-GAAP- & Statutory Audits
- Create and document Accounting & Reporting tasks like Tax, Pension Accounting etc.
- Create and document key internal controls relative to new and current processes.
- Assist in the development and continuous analysis of identified key internal control to ensure SOX documentation remains effective.
- Perform process reviews to evaluate internal controls, information systems, and current business practices to ensure they are operating in accordance with SOX compliance/documentation requirements and established corporate policies.
- Assist in ensuring all sites have adopted and are effectively executing Jabil’s internal control baseline.
- Identify SOX impact of changes in the control environment due to changes in accounting regulations, internal control policies, system enhancements or implementations, and/or company reorganizations and make determinations for changes to existing controls or adding new controls when necessary.
- Provide fundamental guidance and standards for ensuring that the actions taken by internal control process owners are adequate to support quarterly and year-end management assertions in their assessment of an effective internal control environment.
- Research the risk and impact of control findings and recommend remediation plans to management.
- Support the implementation and application of integrated control systems.
- Remain current on relevant internal control and risk assessment guidance.
- Develop SOX training materials for process owners.
- Support ownership and monitoring of non-key controls, including testing control design and operation.
- Participate in significant IT initiatives to gain an understanding of the associated risks and design a cost-beneficial control structure incorporated into the IT initiative.
- Aggregate and evaluate IT control deficiencies identified by both internal and external auditors and determine the adequacy of management’s remediation plans, including follow up to gauge management’s progress.
- Assess the impact IT control deficiencies will have on core financial processes and identify mitigating control activities.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Degree preferred.
- CPA or CISA preferred
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Technology preferred.
- Minimum 8 years work-related experience required, preferably in accounting and/or internal control related roles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management within a multi-cultural, multi-functional environment.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) is required.
- Knowledge of the COSO framework, the CobIT framework, and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Knowledge of IFRS, country-specific GAAP or other multi-country accounting experience
Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.