JDAS specific information :
Develop and implement manufacturing processes and operator instructions for circuit card assemblies (CCAs) and electronic assemblies incorporating a mix of Surface Mount (SMT) and Through-Hole (TH) technology. Monitor the quality and efficiency performance for manufacturing processes to drive continuous improvement through root cause analysis and systematic problem solving. Provide manufacturing personnel with easy to follow, reliable processes and instructions that lead to high customer satisfaction through low cost, high yields and on-time delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and interpret customer documentation, quality requirements and Engineering Changes
- Design and develop processes to meet all product and customer requirements efficiently and effectively:
- Determine Process Flow
- Create operator work instructions for automated and manual processes including inspection points
- Design, order and validate process tooling including SMT stencils, wave pallets, press-fit tooling, component forming/prep tooling, jigs, fixtures, etc.
- Create SMT and Through-Hole soldering profiles
- Maintain customer Bill of Materials
- Chemical approval and application processes
- Ensure that process parameters are within acceptable tolerances for products and components, and result in solder quality that meets IPC-610/J-STD-001 Class 3 requirements.
- Follow product launches to validate process effectiveness and implement necessary improvements.
- Aid the production floor to evaluate and resolve issues related to Man/Method/Machine/Material/Measurement/Environment.
- Monitor key metrics such as Customer Return Rate (CRR), First Pass Yield (FPY), and Scrap and provide improvement plans to keep metrics above goal.
- Continually strive to balance and optimize line throughput, including efforts to minimize changeover downtime
- Provide input on creative ways to reduce costs by streamlining processes and systems.
- Provide guidance, assistance and / or training to the Manufacturing Engineering Assistants and Manufacturing Engineering Technicians.
- Assist Project Engineer(s) with capacity modeling and labor quoting activities.
- Encourage open communication and exchange of information within the M.E. department and between the various support groups.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Prior Manufacturing/Process Engineering experience in Electronics Manufacturing including:
- Demonstrated knowledge of components, printed circuit boards, and chemistries used in electronics manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement processes related to relevant electronics manufacturing technology
- Demonstrated knowledge of IPC-610/J-STD-001 requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of labor capacity, quoting and efficiency.
- Ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbal) with suppliers, customers, peers, and direct-labor manufacturing personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.