Manages the alignment of assigned customer’s technology road map and Jabil’s Technology road map. Capable of selling Jabil’s value-add services such as design, layout, and Global Operations Services (Advanced Manufacturing, Advanced Test, R & D, etc.) globally. Develop and grow business through profitable design wins and flawless execution. Provide management and guidance to multi-functional project teams. Manage and enhance customer relationships. Provide single-point-of-contact to customer for all design-related activities. Provide full accountability for project budgets and schedules. Technically capable of developing, managing and delivering very highly complex technology projects. This includes developing complex SOW, business proposals, project schedules/financials, and managing multiple global projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures Jabil’s integration into customer’s technology roadmap.
· Technical expert on customer’s products and technology.
· Technically develops, manages and delivers very highly complex technology projects including developing complex detailed Statements of Work (SOW), business proposals, project schedules/financials, managing multiple global projects, and design service agreements (DSA).
· Present and sell Jabil’s Technology to assigned customer or program. Must be professional and comfortable doing presentations to external senior level engineers.
· Act as the main escalation point between Jabil Design and the mass-production BU.
· Serves as primary contact relationship owner with the customer’s design/central engineering group and supports all of their technical projects. Functions as the point of contact in technical questions between Jabil and the customer.
· Establishes strategic direction for Jabil Design and Product Development teams.
· Sell and increase exposure of Jabil/Jabil Technology Services such as design services, layout services, and Global Operations Services inside of the customer’s organization.
· Serves as primary point of contact for early supplier involvement on new customer R & D projects.
· Knows and understands the assigned Business Unit (BU)’s strategic directions. Identifies BU’s strategic and technical direction.
· Utilizes tools to monitor cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Manages Jabil Design forecast and workcell statement process.
· Manages BU Global technical team.
· Manages Jabil development operations for a particular customer.
· No P&L responsibility, but is responsible for AROD (Accretive Return On Design) program.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent technical skills (i.e. engineering, R & D, product design/development per assigned sector or customer) to align Jabil
with customer’s technology road map
· Knowledge and good understanding of Jabil Design and Technology Services
· Strong financial skill knowledge and aptitude (e.g. balance sheet and income statement)
· Strong operational knowledge (e.g., manufacturing, supply chain)
· Jabil tools (Financial system, AROD, quote process, etc.)
· Contract knowledge fundamentals
· Leadership/people-management skills
· Strong customer service skills and experience
· Proficient computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications
· Strong project management skills
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXAMPLE BEHAVIOR(S)
· FOLLOW-UP: Able to monitor and evaluate progress of assignments / projects
· ORGANIZE: Able to assemble appropriate resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish goals; Able to schedule and coordinate work of others; Able to establish efficient work procedures to meet objectives; Able to form the right structures and teams to enhance productivity
· LISTEN: Able to actively listen and convey understanding of the comments and questions of others; Able to understand the situations, viewpoints and feelings of others before expressing own view
· PROVIDE DIRECTION: Able to establish and communicate a common vision; Able to translate company strategy into team goals and objectives; Able to set clear priorities; Able to clarify roles and responsibilities through individual performance plans; Able to make self available for questions
· TAKE INITIATIVE: Able to exhibit tendencies to be self-starting and not wait for signals
· DELIVER QUALITY RESULTS: Able to deliver top quality service to all customers (internal and external); Able to ensure all details are covered and adhere to Jabil’s policies; Able to strive to do things right the first time; Able to meet agreed-upon commitments or advises customer when deadlines are jeopardized; Able to define high standards for quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards
· COLLABORATE: Able to act as part of a larger team outside of the immediate department or group; Able to understand the importance of working with peers in other areas or management to reach "best practice" solutions for the organization; Able to inform and seek information to anticipate and consider the impact of decisions or actions on the overall organization
· DELIVER EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE: Able to demonstrate sensitivity to customer needs (both internal and external) and proactively address customer needs; Able to make customer satisfaction a high priority
· NEGOTIATE: Able to apply effective questioning and listening techniques to determine each party's position; Able to look for common ground and build on areas of agreement to reach win-win outcomes; Able to ensure the agreed-upon alternatives have the support of all parties involved
· DO WHATEVER IT TAKES: Able to maintain perseverance in the face of obstacles; Able to take charge, know what is needed or find out, and move forward; Able to stand up for ideas in the face of resistance; Able to work with others to expand on ideas
· PLAN: Able to develop short- and long-term operational and / or financial plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in achieving goals; Able to anticipate obstacles and define alternate strategies; Able to integrate planning efforts across work units
· BE PROFESSIONAL: Able to project a positive, professional image with both internal and external business contacts; Able to create a positive first impression; Able to gain respect and trust of others through personal image and demeanor
· SOLVE PROBLEMS: Able to apply both rational and creative processes and approaches to identify root causes of problems and solutions
· INFORM: Able to keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes and other relevant information
· SPEAK COMPETENTLY: Able to speak clearly and concisely; Able to use appropriate vocabulary for the audience; Able to get point across unambiguously and check for understanding
· PRESENT SKILLFULLY: Able to prepare and deliver clear, effective, and professional presentations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
· Six (6) to eight (8) years work-related experience required, preferably in Engineering or Technology fields (i.e. R & D, product
design/development, road map processes, etc.).
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
· Travel requirements: Domestic and International, up to 25%.
· Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
Hands in water
Unusual hearing or vision demands: None specified
^Other physical demands or notes: Employees should not attempt to lift, pull or push a load in excess of 50 lbs. without assistance. Care should always be taken when lifting, pushing or pulling in an awkward position.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.