LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit interview and Corporate Development staff.
· Coach staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for the Corporate Development function.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics,
results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities,
personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the corporate initiatives. Provide
ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the corporate strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement a Corporate Development strategy, which contributes to the corporate strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to Corporate Development.
· Provide regular updates to superiors and team on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation
of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value. · Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends. Forecast Development and Accuracy: · Prepare timely forecasts for the department. · Provide expense budgets when required. · Provide signature authority for expense reports. · Challenger of business unit submitted economics: Pre-tax margins, RONA and other relevant metrics. · Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis. TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES · Identify and pursue strategic product and/or company acquisition candidates. · Establish creative new R&D ventures and strategic alliances. · Contribute significantly to all stages of business development: candidate identification, commercial assessment, business terms development, deal negotiation and implementation. · Develop and maintain expertise in specific industry sector. · Develop specific plans for each factory together with BUD’s, sales team and operations. · Develop current and future business expectations and drive within organization. Corporate Responsibilities: · Keep corporate management informed of changing market conditions within region. · Clearly understand all operational elements of Jabil’s Business. · Assist with integration of mergers and acquisition activities into mainstream. · Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority. · Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization. · Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor. · Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy. · May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERThis job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.