The IT Process Engineer II has a dual responsibility. The initial one is to drive the "design" of the IT process of his/her responsibility. This role involves leadership to the project effort to "build" the process and coordination/communication to successfully implement the process across the entire IT organization. The second role involves the responsibility for the day-to-day operational activities focusing on change, configuration, incident and problem management, leading to service level management, service and software delivery life cycle (SDLC) and to the Test Lift Cycle using Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) as framework.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Drive the assessment, planning and authorization of changes to the IT production environment.
· Minimize disruption of services due to improper change implementation.
· Drive the identification of the root cause of Incidents or their prevention.
· Ensure services are stable, timely and accurate and Incidents neither occur nor recur, focusing on incident prevention.
· Support all the other processes providing accurate data related to the production environment, the elements (configuration items) that make it and their relationship.
· Establish effective relationship within IT organizations and Jabil to understand and interpret the process requirements and ensure efficient integration and optimal results for process definition
· Lead in the design and implementation of the process of his/her responsibilities, related tools and/or methodology to ensure cost efficient, timely and effective services that support the corporate business strategy
· Develop process tools and templates to facilitate process consistency and effectiveness
· Drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the process of responsibility and ensure that the process participants consistently follow the process standards, policies, business roles and procedures
· Maintain concise process management documentation and ensure process information repository is complete and accurate
· Oversee the day-to-day administration and operation of the process of his/her responsibilities and associated tools (Global, Regions, Sites level as assigned), facilitates or chairs process-related meetings
· Define process controls and ensure are monitored and in compliance with Jabil audit requirements ad compliance programs (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley)
· Communicate regularly with upper level management to assess the status of the implemented process and define steps for improvement
· Develop new Key Performance Indicators and other measurements and/or identify data sources for them; prepare and analyze process management reports
· Lead teams on process and tool improvement initiatives across the IT organization involved in service & product delivery; define quarterly process objectives
· Develop process training material, conduct training section and practical and technical consulting and mentoring on process utilization
· Ensure Customer Satisfaction with the utilization and results of the process
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline. Minimum 2 years of overall IT experience.
Customer service skills as well as effective communication skills – both verbal and written. Ability to follow written and verbal directions. Excellent interpersonal skills. Experience in process and/or toll changes. Experience in process-oriented workflow design. Ability to coordinate work from multiple resources including remote ones. Ability to work independently and in a group setting. Excellent presentation skills.
Individual will be required to use computer keyboards or other equipment for extended periods of time.
Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision for reading and studying technical materials and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of the time. Specific physical abilities required by the job may include walking, reaching carrying and lifting up to 25 lbs, with some occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.