Test Jabil manufactured assemblies ensuring the highest quality and striving for efficiency and continual improvement while adhering to all safety requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Set-up equipment to perform any required programming and verification test following established procedures for the specified operations to be performed.
· Ensure quality (work meets or exceeds Jabil Workmanship Standards) and improve efficiency through the use of the CIQ system when available.
· Operates automated and manual electronic test equipment on circuit board assemblies and subassemblies.
· Ability to properly load and unload test fixtures.
· Attain Laser Safety training and certification.
· Handle product in a manner that does not pose a threat to the equipment or personnel.
· Be able to properly operate various test measurement devices such as DVMM, O-scope, frequency counter, etc. to perform tests.
· Responsible for maintaining a continuous flow of the manufacturing line and meeting production goals while performing the assigned test duties.
· Correctly label, stamp or mark boards and fill out tags. Use of bar-code scanner.
· Ability to assist Tester I and Tester II personnel in the performance of their duties.
· Advise supervisor and diagnostic department of any recurring test failure so that prompt corrective action may be taken.
· Must be able to differentiate between test equipment failures and test performance failures.
· Ensure assemblies are properly handled.
· Ensure daily logs are maintained and process control sheets are accurate before moving to next process.
· Ability to properly use fiber optic cleaning material and inspection scopes.
· Ability to operate complex ESS or burn in set-ups.
· Must be detail oriented and able to follow technical test instructions.
· Ability to operate complex manual bench tests/hot mock-up test processes.
· Ability to perform other test operations as assigned by supervisor.
· Ability to clearly communicate, verbal and written, test status to supervision and co-workers.
· Works under direct, close supervision of Manufacturing Supervisor or in supervisor’s absence, Group Leader, Shift Leader or other management designee.
· Work direction may additionally be communicated verbally or through visual aids.
· Errors can cause delay, expense, and disruption.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations; using required protective equipment, associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
High school degree or equivalent preferred; and one year of experience in a Jabil Tester position; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to obtain and maintain all required job related certifications.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.