The purpose of the job is to manage automation engineering projects in the area of assignment, e.g., mechanical, electrical, electronics, software application. The Sr. Automation Design Engineer reviews and analyzes project requirements, specification, plan, design and installation. Position is responsible for installation and maintaining automation equipment to ensure stipulated specification and requirements are met, and delivered within budget and on time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Specified automation equipment in respective areas of expertise, e.g., Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, or Software Application.
· Works closely with Project Manager/Engineer to meet project time line and within budget.
· Reviews, understands and interprets requirements/specification accurately for integration into design of equipment.
· Ensures design for manufacturability.
· Acts as liaison with internal and/or external Assemblers/manufacturer of equipment to ensure all parts are manufactured to the design.
· Generates design drawings, installation manual, and user manual.
· Ensures all engineering times are logged into tracking system correspondent to the projects.
· Coordinate and drive all automation and equipment installation in the facility.
· Lead continuous improvement activities to optimize automation, assembly and all other mfg processes in the plant.
· Learn and train others on robotics and automation needed for the facility.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Advanced knowledge of mechanical/electronics/electrical/software application engineering.
· Advanced knowledge of Pulp Molding industry prefered.
· Advanced knowledge of automation equipment assembly and installation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· B.Sc. in Mechanical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
· Minimum 5- 7 years experiences in automation equipment design and installation.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.