Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing assembly/molding processes. Monitors the assembly/molding process; troubleshooting problem processes and assisting in resolving quality issues. Is the technical expert on various projects/productions jobs and process as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· May lead the startup of new/existing projects/production jobs, optimizing cost, efficiency and quality.
· May lead the process control and maintain appropriate documentation.
· Monitor the assembly/molding process running in production; troubleshoot problems associated with processes, and assist in resolving quality issues.
· Establish detailed processes for new product lines; document product development and changes; evaluate new product performance; and monitor new tool design.
· Debug significant complex problems in new systems, tooling and automation.
· Design major experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilization through reduced cycle and efficient set-up.
· Lead and implement major maintenance changes in process improvements; propose or specify repair alteration of automation while ensuring adequate documentation is maintained.
· Provide functional and technical mentoring to process technicians and other process engineers.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment; supporting all company safety programs and initiatives.
· Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· Apply and support Lean Manufacturing principles.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
-Associates Degree or HS Diploma and certification
-Injection Molding Process Engineer skills and work history required.
-Master Molder II
-History of Scientific Molding practice and successful process development using Instrumented molds and cavity pressure transfer
- Or equivalent combination of work experience and education
Injection Molding Process Engineer skills and work history required.
-History of Scientific Molding practice and successful process development using Instrumented molds and cavity pressure transfer.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.