Under close supervision, provides the analysis, preparation and delivery of a Quote proposal in support of Business Development/Program Management’s Request-For-Quote of new or prospective product builds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Projects are typically of limited scope focusing primarily on tactical activity. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
· Communicate customer expectations by means of the Quote Kickoff meeting.
· Provide job direction to the Quote Coordinators in support of your function.
· Monitor the deadline for the quote response.
· Analyze and revise proposals prepared by the Quote Coordinator in response to the need for a quote by Business Development/Program Management.
· Analyze, question and if necessary adjust pricing information received from various supporting departments.
· Communicate issues to the customer.
· Review customers requested terms and conditions and prepare an appropriate response.
· Interface with Business Development/Program Management and the Quote Supervisor/Quote Manager in order to present a winning quote response strategy.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Must be organized and self-motivated.
· Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
· SAP proficiency preferred.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Need a good technical knowledge of the sheet metal standard processes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required.
· Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or mechatronics field.
· One (1) to two (2) years work-related experience required, preferably in Quoting, Purchasing or Engineering in the sheet metal industry
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.