Responsible for all servers, server-side software, and infrastructure equipment at a medium or large site/location including regional and corporate datacenters. This includes, but not limited to, infrastructure planning, system monitoring, contingency planning, business continuity, security, performance tuning, software distribution, connectivity and production support. Serve as a technical resource for any size projects including enterprise initiatives with high risk and complexity. Ability to work with limited direction with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Ensure adherence to technical strategy, standards, and configurations & ensure feasibility. Ensure compliance to all internal processes and procedures including, but not limited to, ITIL processes, Security Policies, Backup Policies. Assist and comply with all Internal Audit requirements and requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish an automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops). Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set.
- Ensure development teams are provided a full set of DevOps ALM tools by leading the establishment of the right
tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: the Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers).
- Provides expertise regarding the integration, security, and scalability of web applications
- Conducts performance tuning, load testing, and optimization of information/data processing, maintenance, and support of the production environments
- Work with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call support rotation
- Serve as an interface for troubleshooting potential hardware problems. Serve as Systems and Infrastructure Application Expert. Serve as top level escalation point. Escalation to vendors as necessary
- Define hardware configurations
- Serve as an interface to assist in new technology definitions and implementations.
- Aid in defining the bounds and aims of system implementations, and provide management with status and progress reports
- Ensure technology implementations meet RPO, RTO, and SLA objectives. Review and approve suggested configurations
- Assist in the creation of strategic and long term planning based on identified business requirements
- Create and document maintenance plans.
- Work with business continuity specialists in the creation of business impact analysis
- Ensure Business Continuity by effectively managing, testing and documenting systems and process Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO). Design systems based on established RPO and RTO criteria.
- Analyze existing system procedures for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Produce system designs documentation
- Recommend and conduct training
- Maintain thorough knowledge regarding emerging or current technologies
- Work with security team to design, implement and enforce policies and solutions
- Provide baseline input and assist with testing
- Provide direction on application configuration, policies, procedures and documentation. Confer with management, aid in defining the bounds and aims of system implementations, and provide management with status and progress reports.
- Lead projects and drive tasks
- Continuous improvements - Analyze existing system procedures for efficiency and effectiveness. Establish new measurement systems if/where possible. Review trend analysis and recommend solutions
- Mentor team members and provide training. Provide technological guidance to management staff
- Work under limited direction with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
- Know and understand clustering services, high availability solutions and continuous data protection technologies as they relate to Jabil’s business strategy
- Design and manage virtual machine technologies
- Know, understand and ensure compliance to Jabil IT strategy, objectives and roadmap. Understand and embrace the business
and IT strategic direction
- Align with all internal processes and practices, including Security Policies, Backup Policies, Change and Problem Management.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Security, Health, Safety and Quality)
- Ensure implemented solutions are in compliance with the following criteria:
- Return on investment / Reduce operating costs - initiatives that derive a positive ROI for the company or reduce operating costs
- Revenue protection & growth – initiatives that provide Jabil with a competitive advantage
- Service Reliability – initiatives that increase the reliability (uptime) of IT services
- Increase response – initiatives that increase the response time of IT services
- Enhance User experience – initiatives that provide increased functionality, easier to use
- IT Efficiencies – initiatives that drive increase efficiencies of the IT staff
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems)
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific. Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Demonstrate in-depth trouble shooting, optimization and planning skills. Perform root cause analysis and remediation actions. These remediation actions could result in a project
- Identify “ways of working” to increase the productivity & efficiency
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
- Own and drive incidents with external partners and vendors.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Not applicable
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: IT Manager, Sr. IT Manager
- Software engineering utilizing common programming or scripting languages skills a plus.
- Participating in a 24/7 on-call support rotation.
- Defining security and systems hardening criteria.
- Must be able to leverage a thorough understanding of the interactions between systems to not only troubleshoot problem, but also identify performance-tuning opportunities.
- Experience with thin-client technologies, Terminal Services, Citrix Metaframe. Hands-on Experience with backup software such as BrightStor or ARCserve.
- Experience with Vmware and virtual machine technologies.
- Experience with antivirus programs, spam filters and web monitoring.
- Advanced Knowledge of and experience with different server operating platforms.
- Experience with EMC Storage Area Networks, fabric switching and related concepts
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One or more advanced technical certifications (such as MCSE, CISSP, VCP)
- Minimum of 8 years of IT experience. Experience in advanced performance-tuning skills.
- Minimum 4yrs experience in designing, implementing and managing infrastructure technologies and in an enterprise level organization ($5B plus in size, multiple geographical locations).
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Azure DevOps/VSTS (preferred), Jenkins, Octopus, Codedeploy and deep understanding of CI/CD principles
- Good experience with docker orchestration/containerization using Kubernetes
- Experience using configuration management tools like Cloudformation, Ansible, Terraform
- Experience in designing and maintaining cloud-based DevOps solution with Azure/AWS
- Expert understanding of CDNs, load balancing, DNS, proxying and networking (ELB/ALB, S3, Route53, VPCs, EC2, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, and other AWS services)
- Experience in cloud environments in automating, configuring, and deploying instances on Azure/AWS
- Experience in using configuration management tools like CloudFormation, Ansible, Terraform
- Basic understanding of AWS services like API Gateway, Secret Manager, RDS, and etc
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration and writing Bash scripts
- Familiarity with agile development practices, particularly sprint planning and estimation
This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.