This position is primarily responsible for timely and accurate preparation of invoices, revenue recognition, and requires top level customer support and analytical problem-solving skills. This position works closely with internal and external customers, as well as other members of the team, to answer invoicing questions or manage related issues.
Under general supervision, uses skills gained through training and experience to provide billing or administrative support within an assigned customer account(s) (Business Unit). Communicates a variety of information to internal or external customers to support the sale or service of products. Follows established procedures to perform routine tasks and receives general guidance and direction to perform other work with substantial variety and complexity requiring decision-making responsibility. Originality and ingenuity are required to locate, select, and apply appropriate procedures, processes and techniques to assignments that are broad in nature. Resolves most questions and problems and refers new or unusual issues to a higher level as necessary. Routine contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarity or provide facts and information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compare tariff to carrier invoices accurately prepare, adjust, and verify pre-bill documents before invoicing the customer.
- Enter data accurately into systems Mercury Gate(a windows based transportation management system) for invoice.
- Apply proper revenue recognition, validating all charges on invoices.
- Deliver outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work on a tight time frame.
- The desire to work in a dynamic environment with changing reporting needs.
- Analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills; ability, proactively and independently resolve complex issues demonstrating technical aptitude.
- The ability to effectively and adeptly communicate (verbally and in writing) both internally with all levels of the organization and externally with clients to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence.
- Flexibility to handle additional special projects as assigned.
- Team player, enjoys being part of a group, driven to add value to the position.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 to 2 years of logistics experience preferred.
- Advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced excel and power point a must.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (desktop and network), network storage and archival technologies
- General understanding of cross-functional matrix organization and ability to learn where to go for help.
- Basic end-user administration knowledge of Jabil’s Enterprise Resource System.
- Proficient computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications required. Working knowledge of relational database applications helpful.
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and/or accounting fundamentals.
- Proficient English language reading and writing skills required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.