To be a technical focal point for the work cell to work on supplier quality issues directly with the Supplier Quality Engineering group and communicate status on non-conforming parts/suppliers across the work cell product at the site level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that all non-conforming materials held in Receiving Inspection are released to stock or production floor in a timely manner. Provide feed back of issues encountered to SQE II.
- Provide guidance to Receiving Inspectors.
- To provide documentation to perform Inspection of components per Inspection Plans in SAP.
- To be the focal person for work cell related quality and functional product issues that stem from components being purchased for manufacturing.
- Evaluate component failure rates from production line, collect samples and initiate Failure analysis to drive continuous improvement activity to component manufacturer.
- Assure that non-conforming materials to be returned to vendor due to poor quality have the appropriate documentation that describes the reasons for return (5W, 2H).
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor's degree required, bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred; and 0 to 2 years of experience.
Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand walk regularly, and occasionally lift up to15 lbs. Be accessible to production floor and office staff and to use required office equipment. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.