To drive technical excellence within the commodity Management Team by developing tools, metrics and strategies that meet the business needs. The development, implementation and measurement of a Global Business plan that fully meets the needs of our business sectors (i.e. commodity strategies, supply base development, Global infrastructure, price management etc.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Business Unit Management, Commodity Management, Materials Management, peers and team members on individual’s contribution to the team.
· Continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the team.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from colleagues.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the Corporations strategic direction.
· Define, develop and implement a strategy, which contributes to the Corporate strategic direction.
· Develop an understanding of each Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Supply Chain Management and Commodity Management.
· Provide regular updates to Business Unit Management, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management and Operations Management on execution of the strategy.
· Develop a Business plan for assigned commodities.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Define, develop and make effective use of cost analysis tools.
· Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the function.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrate expertise in assigned commodities and fully competent in all aspects of supply chain Management including commodities not directly assigned.
· Develop a Global Commodity infrastructure that supports Jabil’s business and growth plans.
· Develop, monitor and implement Global Commodity Strategies
· Develop the supply base to exceed the goals and objectives of Jabil and the supply chain management team
· Market Jabil’s Supply Chain Management expertise both internally and externally
· Define, Develop and implement supply chain models to meet Jabil’s business needs.
· Analyze market conditions and implement supply chain strategies to assure supply and price competitiveness
· Be a leader in ensuring that Jabil maximizes our purchase leverage for the best total cost of ownership
· Influence Jabil’s current and potential new customers
· Develop effective relationships with Business Unit Management to ensure that Supply Chain Management is fully involved with new business opportunities.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new, innovative and entrepreneurial ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Periodically “get down in the trenches” to rehabilitate troubled plants. Foster a “back to basics” mentality during these times. Lead by example; “Walk the talk.”
· Establish new measurement systems if/where appropriate.
· Ensure the efficient and timely exchange of knowledge and information within the Jabil Corporation to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electronic Engineering, Business Administration, Materials/Supply Chain Management, or related discipline.
· Five years related experience in electronics or PCB manufacturing, materials management, negotiation, cost reduction activities and materials planning.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
· Solid experiences in PCB - all types of technologies, manufacturing processes and its supply chain ecosystem
· Domestic and international travel is required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.