The Technical Specialist shall be responsible for the implementation of a structured training system for all his expertise functions. To be the content expert for the product or tester assigned to provide customer a dedicated support in all test issues. Continuously seeking better test coverage, cost reduction, test improvement activity and better lead-time for products or testers related.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To learn and be the content expert for the products or tester assigned.
· The Technical Specialist shall provide support to Operations and Test Engineers through participation in the continuous improvement effort and promote a " Quality First " mentality.
· Monitors and analyzes product and tester fallout data. Conducts in-depth diagnosis on high fallout boards to determine the root cause of problems and to recommend corrective actions.
· The Technical Specialist shall train Test Technician, Diagnostic and test operators per his/her expertise.
· To provide accurate test quotation for new and existing customers when needed.
· To work on automation projects for cost reduction, process simplification, and quality improvement.
· To seek and learn new testers and or software better test coverage.
· To develop diagnostic solution for all assemblies at AOI, AXI, ICT, FVT, System test, Boundary Scan and Programming.
· To provide an interface with specific workell in assessing the product technology, determining the resource strategy and skills requirement.
· To provide assistance to workcell on specific failure modes on product or hardware/software issues.
· To participate in continuous quality improvement and yield improvement.
· To ensure conformity to quality standard and ISO standards.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.