The role of the Business Systems Expert is to achieve expertise in functional processes and systems applications; develop and support site SMEs training; lead functional process and systems improvements projects to reduce operating cost and improve customer satisfaction. This role extends beyond the internal Jabil boundaries and includes management leadership and interaction with internal and external partners to deliver a cost, delivery and technology effective supply chain for the benefit of the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Obtain and Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth experience regarding existing functional processes and business systems, this could include formal and self paced professional development.
· Perform Benchmarking for all existing and new plants with in the region; develop management system to identify gap; develop and roll out an effective training program to being all plants to the same level.
· Serve as a first escalation point for troubleshooting and prioritization issues for the region.
· Interface with Ops Development Functional Group and IT org to understand the gaps and provide bridging support for business solutions.
· Continually evaluate the current processes and tools, identify gaps to determine their ability to meet the business needs.
· Develop Project Management skills that include project plan and milestone, goals and objective development; implementation schedule, specification creation, testing, updates, evaluation and cost analysis.
· Identify “Best Mgt Practice” processes and systems and share with all regional plants.
· Support continuous improvement opportunities to reduce cost.
· Participate in supporting new developments, initiatives and activities, and coordinate/communicate with several areas throughout the region.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the systems applications.
· Understand and embrace the business and systems implementation strategic direction.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills including training and knowledge of ERP software packages and Jabil SCM tools.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read, write and comprehend complex flow charts, projects plans, correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to understand and compute basic statistics.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.