Develop supply base for use in all quoting activities. In addition, support all quoting activity, create and maintain ISO procedures, train and support members of the department on the use of all business systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops spend analysis for use in tail spend quoting activities.
- Supports the Tail Spend Category Manager with identification of repeat purchases, part standardization and supplier rationalization opportunities.
- Maintains a list of suppliers and what commodities they provide products for.
- Provides feedback to (and receives input from) Material Quotations Supervisor and Regional Commodity Managers about potential new suppliers to be included in our quoting process.
- Supports all quoting activity.
- Attends quote kick-off meetings for all quotes.
- Maintains knowledge of what information is required to obtain accurate quotes from the supply base and ensures that the required information is available or requests it from the Category and Commodity Manager responsible for the given quote.
- Prepares quote packages and solicits quotes from the supply base as required
- Analyzes supplier quotes and selects suppliers in order to provide complete cost reduction and rebate calculations.
- Analyzes current/possible supply sources.
- Maintains record of which spend is maverick, maverick off catalog, or unaddressable
- Establishes methods for analyzing which suppliers catalogs are consistently utilized in order to drive catalog compliance.
- Review spend for suppliers who are not on the managed spend list provides feedback or recommendations to the Category and Commodity Managers.
- Reviews and works quotes for best possible outcome.
- Works supply base for best possible pricing, lead-times, terms and conditions.
- Reviews quotes with Category Managers when required to ensure that the suppliers selected are consistent with any relationships/partnerships we are attempting to establish.
- Support the Category and Commodity Managers and workcell teams by maintaining a knowledge of which suppliers can provide products of a given commodity and who represents these suppliers.
- Performs other special projects for Sr Director of Global Indirect Procurement.
- Provides assistance in the performance of various routine commodity management assignments.
- Exercises a good working knowledge of materials and sources of supply to make purchases at prices consistent with quality and quantity requirements.
- Evaluates vendor reliability.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- BA plus 1 year purchasing experience of Jabil procured commodities; OR equivalent combination of education and experience. NAPM, MBA and APICs certifications desired
LANGUAGE, PC AND OTHER SKILLS
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly, and occasionally lift 0-15 lbs. Attendance at meetings with indirect and direct team members, supervisors, management and customers. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.