Reviews preparation of materials, supplies, and equipment for shipment according to specifications and the transportation method used.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assemble orders, count and weigh and move or direct movement to designated floor locations.
· Record time, date, and method and quantity of shipments.
· Make out bills of lading, following standard procedures.
· Compares identifying information on outgoing shipments against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
· Posts weight and shipping charges and maintains shipping record files.
· Plan transfer of products to shipping dock, loading cars, or trucks.
· Specify method of crating, boxing, and/or skidding.
· Works with Planner or CSA on any sales order issues.
· Ensures that all system transactions are completed prior to releasing shipment.
· Familiarity with JACS shipping, SAP, Ship Request forms, courier sites, and AES filing.
· Familiarity with documentation related to international shipments.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time.
· Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.