The Tooling Manager manages a group of engineers, and/or toolmakers, and technicians. This role oversees scheduling and planning projects, staff development, and budget management. The Tooling Manager inputs into the design of tools, including cutting and formatting tool; designs jigs, dies, and fixtures for production or experimental use; inputs to design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, processes and costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Project manages remediation, optimization, maintenance & overhaul projects on existing tool portfolio (prototype single cavity & production multi-cavity tools).
· Applies systematic root cause problem solving involving all stakeholders (including key support department team members & tooling / equipment vendors) to meet customer delivery & product quality objectives in the most cost effective manner.
· Leads the use of lean tools to drive continuous improvement & process reliability on tools
· Works with development services and related areas to support the introduction of new tools to site for new products to ensure high levels of process reliability post PQ.
· Leads overall resolution on post PQ issues, collaborating with development service, related areas, and vendor/supplier stakeholder to meet customer productivity, quality, and where issues arise post PQ, lead overall resolution collaborating with DDS (Development Device Support), new program & Vendor/Supplier stakeholders to meet customer productivity, quality & schedule objectives
· Support the DDS & New program personnel by providing maintenance design input at design reviews & tooling specification documents
· Ensure all engineering changes are managed through the relevant cGMP procedures including documentation, equipment manuals, QCBD records & CAD drawing controls
· Creates a high performing flexible tooling team which achieves excellent results.
· Provide direction to tooling personnel as appropriate reviewing tool downtime & preventative maintenance data , tool running status, escalations & corrective action to ensure targets are achieved
· Ensures that there is regular communication & coordinated planning of all new & existing tool projects using visual communications boards within tooling
· Implementation of company policies , adherence to all Corporate EHS and cGMP policies
· Other tasks deemed necessary to satisfy business requirements.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Recognized tooling apprenticeship or equivalent qualification desirable
· Management/relevant supervisory management qualification desirable
· Strong tooling & product design skills with a working knowledge of 2D/3D CAD ProE desirable
· Excellent organizational , systematic root cause problem solving and communication skills
· Motivated , enthusiastic , self-directed & results driven
· Ability to project manage across functional teams involving tooling vendors & suppliers
· Knowledge of Lean continuous improvement techniques including statistics & DOE
· Knowledge of polymer materials & injection molding processing
· High level of cGMP in ISO13485 environment, safe working practices and awareness.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project & Asset management systems
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in required. Master’s degree preferred. Engineering or related disciplines preferred
· Minimum 5 years tooling maintenance in injection molding environment strongly preferred
· Minimum 2+ years of supervisory/leadership experience in tool shop strongly preferred
· Level 7 or 8 HETAC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification preferred
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.